Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick briefing since I am in class. Bike worked fine last Thursday. Came out, uncovered it. Turned key bike whirrs. Starter button = no sound. Battery is fine, sidestand switch is fine, kill switch is fine, main fuse box is fine and have yet to check the clutch switch (should of been first I know). For the temperature I see --- It definitely was not below the temperature as it is really warm today.

I'll check the clutch switch after class. Battery is brand new swapped it out on Thanksgiving.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
why did you need to replace the battery ?

bad/intermittent charging system?

battery can be weak and still cycle the fuel pump and light the headlamp but not turn starter

I would charge battery and test charging system

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bike started. Wasn't the clutch switch. I read somewhere that someone with aftermarket levers had to adjust the clutch lever because it wasn't registering as being clutched in. Well I set it to like 6 gave it a pull and it started right up. Which means someone must have been fudging with my bike or some freak of nature thing happened. I have had the levers for about half a year or so.

I replaced the battery because it was old (piece of mind ordeal). I am currently tendering it and then possibly selling it for cheap.

lol I hope its not a doodoo battery got 2 year warranty on that hoe. I've timed how long my bike can sit. It is approximately 6 days with a Gorilla Alarm feeding off of it like a parasite. Wind makes it chirp occasionally. My bike only sat because I was dealing with my aftermarket rearsets. I'm an all year kinda guy.

Thanks for the quick help guys!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Indeed was late to class and had to park (my car) without a permit. Got to class late by 30 minutes got the sign in sheet and saw a lady bug on my pants. Came home after about 4 hours (NO TICKET!) and bike started up = good day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts