Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my '03 SV sat over the winter. I know I should have put dry gas or something in the gas, I didn't.

I got it started the other day, it was a bit hard to start. It started and then cut out and the FI light came on. I started it again, and it idled up and ran OK and I actually rode it down the street. While riding, shifting down to 1st to do a U-turn, the engine cut out, FI light came on. I got it started again.

Road a bit more, same thing, shifting down to 1st, FI light comes on. Now it won't start. When I turn it on normally it makes a electronic sound for maybe like 2 seconds, now it does like 1 second, then the FI light turns on, and it won't start. It tries to start, but won't.

What gives? And how should I fix it?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The battery is brand new, straight from the dealership 2 days ago.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
The battery is brand new, straight from the dealership 2 days ago.
was a charge ever put on that brand new battery, what makes you think they come charged

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealership had it on a charger for 2 days before I picked it up. I'll try that but I doubt that's the problem...

·
Registered
66 Posts
The wire on my handle bars to the throttle had come out when i traileres my bike to the shop and caused it not to start. try checking them.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
The dealership had it on a charger for 2 days before I picked it up. I'll try that but I doubt that's the problem...
2 days:rolleyes: I'd be willing to bet your dealer is pulling your leg, your original description sounds like a weak battery

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
may seem like a stupid question, but are the connections to the battery terminals tight?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, well, it's not the battery. The battery is fully charged according to two different battery tenders, and the bike still doesn't start. Other suggestions?

Otherwise, it's off to the dealer...

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
OK, well, it's not the battery. The battery is fully charged according to two different battery tenders, and the bike still doesn't start. Other suggestions?

Otherwise, it's off to the dealer...
Put the bike in dealermode. You have the FI light burning --> There is a malfunction code.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Check the malfunction code. You have said that your FI light is burning.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How can I check the malfunction code? Do I have to take it to the dealer to get that checked?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, this is a 2003 SV650N, and it reads C23. That corresponds to the Tip-Over-Sensor.

Where the heck is that, and what do I have to do to fix it/replace it?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Spierings and TomServo! The TOS had been knocked loose when I was working on the bike this winter!

Put it back in the right place, and she runs like a dream! 21,000 miles so far!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts