Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 SUZUKI SV650S

so i hope not to make this long but i will explain ever detail so you get a better understanding of what could be wrong.

I stored my bike over the winter (October) like usual except this time i put fuel stabilizer in it.

i tried to start it in March like usual the battery is dead as i didn't put it on a tender.
I tried to jump start my bike with a running car. It worked. i rode it for 5min then I left it to idle after 5 min the idle was jumping up and down and it died.
I tried to jump it again the next day with a running car it didn't work. ( i know you shouldn't have the car running but i learned this after)
I bought a new battery and tried to start the bike. The fuel pump turns on, lights everything, bike cranks but won't turn over.
All fuses are not blown i checked all of them.

took it to a mechanic that said ECU was fried. Would cost me 1200$ to fix. Found ECU for $300 online.

is the ECU fried? or could be something else?

Also my rear wheel locked up and wouldn't move back or forth even in neutral. The tow truck driver pushed it with some force, we heard a snap and it moved freely for a bit then locked up again when it go to the shop.

any advice would help. THANKS.

·
Registered
7,074 Posts
As an automotive technician, I totally understand you have the right to decline the work for whatever reason. What I don't understand is why you'd trust our internet diagnosis over the guy you paid--I assume you paid him--for an expert diagnosis with the bike in front of him.

Did you not have your mechanic look at the locked up wheel while he had it at the shop? Did you take it back from him? Was it towed back to your place? Is it still locked up?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't pay him. and considering my fuses weren't blown. i don't think my ECU is fried.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also its a huge factory shop that tries to push bikes out as fast as they can with an up=charge. its better i ask on a SV forum specially because people on this site have worked on SV rather then the mechanic seeing this problem and bike for the first time.

·
Registered
7,074 Posts
Well, a simple test would be to pull the front spark plug and then reconnect the spark plug wire. Lay the plug on the head so it has a ground and crank the bike. Check for spark. If no spark, check for 12V on the orange/white wire at the coil. If that's good, then check continuity from the ECU to the other wire on the coil. If that's good, then the ECU is not grounding the coil for some reason.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes, i noticed when my battery dropped to 12v without key in ignition. then when i try to start the bike it drops to 10.8 volts.
is this a problem?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i found out the problem. After market fuel injectors ( TechLusion EFI) cables were ripped from harness. now i need to pull rear cowl and find out from where.

on the 2nd gen do you know where i can get a diagram of where the factory fuel injectors connectors are?

·
Registered
7,074 Posts
i found out the problem. After market fuel injectors ( TechLusion EFI) cables were ripped from harness. now i need to pull rear cowl and find out from where.
You said you tested the fuel injector wiring?

on the 2nd gen do you know where i can get a diagram of where the factory fuel injectors connectors are?
Like a parts location diagram? Or a wiring diagram? For wiring diagram I use my Haynes manual, but you could buy/download the factory service manual if you prefer. I don't know if there is a connector location diagram in the factory manual, I don't think there is in my Haynes. You might have luck with an online parts dealer's parts fiche, or you might just have to follow the wires on the bike until you figure it out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You said you tested the fuel injector wiring?

Like a parts location diagram? Or a wiring diagram? For wiring diagram I use my Haynes manual, but you could buy/download the factory service manual if you prefer. I don't know if there is a connector location diagram in the factory manual, I don't think there is in my Haynes. You might have luck with an online parts dealer's parts fiche, or you might just have to follow the wires on the bike until you figure it out.

I don't i did test the fuel injector wiring because i couldn't find it.

and thanks i will check out the online parts dealer fiche

·
Registered
7,074 Posts
I'm confused. Remember I can't see your bike and I have no idea what you have or haven't done, so if we can't clearly communicate back and forth here it isn't going to work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts