Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, facing a problem with my sv it’s 2006 and had a problem before where the bike would not even crank, went to a garage worked for a few more days then is doing this, new battery which I charged before, new starter motor, and runs perfectly when I push start it, lights dim on button press, help would be appreciated, the day it first happened was after a 300 mile tour I think it’s got something to do with the battery charging system but i Have no clue. I linked a video any help would be very appreciated

https://www.reddit.com/r/sv650/comments/z6yyy1

· Registered
'07 SV650S, '05 Ninja 250
1,289 Posts
If you don't already have a multimeter, pick one up. If the charging system (consisting of the stator, regulator/rectifier, and battery) is not providing charge while running, the voltmeter will help you drill down to the issue. First step, once you can get it fired up and running, is to see what kind of voltage is pumping to the battery at idle (13.5v) and around 5,000 rpms (14-15v).
How was the bike running on the trip? Full power? Do you think you could charge the battery fully and get it to fire up? Are you saying it's still bump-starting fine? Did you encounter rain on the trip?

· very big dumb
10,632 Posts
check your clutch switch. One day my 05 sv1000 did the same thing. I jumped the switch wires and started fine. My switch still made the click click noise when pulled . I think the 650 must be similar.
clutch switch wouldnt let it crank.

op you have a weak battery. either dead cells or not charged enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts