Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 suzuki sv650s and my bike was stolen. I have recently gotten it back with lots of damage, especially to all the locks and I have purchased them. I am looking for videos to help me replace them but have failed to find anything useful. Since they broke the passenger seat lock i am unable to get it of because it is broken but still locked. I need help in replacing the three locks; ignition, tank, and passanger seat lock, and could use some help with finding fairings for a reasonable price that can be here soon and not come from China and not take 2 months to come in. Please and thank you to everyone in this forum.

·
Super Moderator
8,334 Posts
careful with aftermarket sets, they sometimes decide to stop working on the ignition side.
tank and seat, learn to lock pick. it's super easy.
the ignition you'll need to unplug the green connector underneath the front of the airbox. remove the top triple. heat the fuck out of it (red loctite) and use security torx to remove.

·
Registered
234 Posts
careful with aftermarket sets, they sometimes decide to stop working on the ignition side.
tank and seat, learn to lock pick. it's super easy.
the ignition you'll need to unplug the green connector underneath the front of the airbox. remove the top triple. heat the fuck out of it (red loctite) and use security torx to remove.
Omg. I forgot avout that crazy lock tight on the ignition. Never seen anything like it before.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Used OEM go for about $100+ on ebay and aftermarket is under $50. Ships from. USA.
I've already bought the exact set and they arrive in a day or 2. Need help getting the rear seat off since the lock is broken with the seat still locked in place.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd take the main seat off and try to pull the locking wire with pliers to release the pillion seat.
If the back seat lifts up a bit from the back fairing is it broken. It doesn't look like anything is broken but I also never noticed it lift so high before, then again I only had it for a few weeks and never had to lift it like that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Following this for future reference. Glad you got it back....but =( that they tore up the locks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts