Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried jumping it, no good but what's weird is even though the key was off and it was hooked up to the charger it tried to start???? Do I have a faulty ignition?? Relay??? With the key turned on I still cant get the lights or gauge list to come on??? Just happened over night .. And also I'm getting a lot of backnfiring off throttle win riding.. Thanks Jason

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Electrical gremlins. The bike wanting to start with the key off indicates a fused starter relay in the operating position sending power to the starter motor. You tried jumping the motor because the battery wouldn't crank the starting motor? Check the 30A starter relay fuse under the seat behind the right side cover. The backfiring may be unrelated or not. What is the condition of the battery? Do you have a meter to test its voltage after charging? Did you jump the starter relay or bypass or jump via another battery?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Battery is not old, butbhave no way ofbtesting it tillni get to work tomorrow. Is the 30 amp fuse, a spade fuse or like relay.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
There are two 30A spade fuses attached to the starter relay. One is operational, the other is a spare.

Your starting issues may be just a starter relay that has fried in the on position and perhaps has blown the 30A fuse as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts