Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, joined the forum a while ago and had my bike for almost two months. Ive done a few things to it since i got it and figured id throw up a few pics to show my progress. Buell headlight swap was already on it when i got it.. as well as the viper exhaust. Ive added bar end mirrors, some wheel tape, and gel seat. Any ideas of what should come next? Besides anything major its pretty much the way I want it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
If you're happy w/ the cosmetics portion, then start on the performance mods like braided lines, springs/oil/emulators, rear shock, better brake pads.

Still some cosmetic mods you could do like rearsets, levers, fender eliminator, and signals.

Do you do a lot of 2-up riding? If not, change out that passenger seat for a seat cowl and maybe a different exhaust hanger.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
In my opinion:

* Sonic Springs/oil for forks
* ZX-10R/ZX-14 rear shock
* front stainless brake lines + performance pads
* rear seat cowl
* blinkers
* relocate or replace gauge to allow flyscreen to angle back
* fender eliminator + ditch reflectors
* chop the Viper can down a few inches
* powdercoat rearsets, radiator guards, etc. black
* track day

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Do people have a problem with the SV's brakes just on the track? Because honestly I drive like an idiot sometimes and my breaks stop me as fast as I'd ever need them to...maybe its because I'm used to my crappy car (20 year old junker) that only breaks if it feels like it. Good thing its a 5 speed. :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree on a lot of those. Ive thought about the seat cowl and the better angle of the flyscreen... to be honest the angle of the flyscreen has been bothering me since i bought it from the guy, just haven't really looked into how to get it to angle back like I want it.

Ive also thought of the suspension upgrades but didn't know how much of a help it would be. I only weigh like 165 pounds, would it still help?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Do people have a problem with the SV's breaks just on the track? Because honestly I drive like an idiot sometimes and my breaks stop me as fast as I'd ever need them to...maybe its because I'm used to my crappy car (20 year old junker) that only breaks if it feels like it. Good thing its a 5 speed. :)
Well braided lines and aftermarket pads will improve your stopping distance/ability. This was a huge upgrade for me b/c not matter how fast you respond, stopping three feet earlier (for instance) can save your life and it is definitely worth the investment.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do people have a problem with the SV's brakes just on the track? Because honestly I drive like an idiot sometimes and my breaks stop me as fast as I'd ever need them to...maybe its because I'm used to my crappy car (20 year old junker) that only breaks if it feels like it. Good thing its a 5 speed. :)
Yeah i have no problems with its brakes either...

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I didn't have a problem with my SV's brakes until I rode a late-model CBR600RR...stop-on-a-dime-wowness! Braided lines and Galfer pads helped a little...

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I guess I did notice how squishy they felt after riding a friends supersport, but I'm still comfortable with how they work. I guess when I have to replace the pads I'll probably look into getting something better, because, well, why not.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well im coming from a 2000 Ninja 250.. so the brakes on this are better than those lol, guess thats why i don't have a problem yet.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I agree on a lot of those. Ive thought about the seat cowl and the better angle of the flyscreen... to be honest the angle of the flyscreen has been bothering me since i bought it from the guy, just haven't really looked into how to get it to angle back like I want it.

Ive also thought of the suspension upgrades but didn't know how much of a help it would be. I only weigh like 165 pounds, would it still help?
To improve the angle on the flyscreen lotsa people have made their own brackets for the headlight. I think the ones I made went out an extra three inches or so. Another option, albeit more expensive, is a smaller aftermarket gauge. I don't know anything about those though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Is powder coating something you can do on your own? Or do you have to have a place do it? If so how much does that run?

Also im having trouble finding any parts online like the Seat Cowl or Chin Spoiler/Belly Pan that says 2007 SV650 that will match the red color of my bike. Anyone know of a site?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts