Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Chatterbox is what everybody around here uses. There are two versions I believe, one has more channels and an extended range. the original has either a 2 or 5 mile range. I'd search online like ebay, cycle gear might charge ya a lot

S

·
0 Posts
Not sure, but I believe the issue is with supply, ie, with Norrth American distributors getting stock, not with the product being discontinued.

I saw some on the shelf at Ottawa GoodTime Centre a couple of weeks ago, and also last week at Parker Brothers in Toronto.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
decide what radio band you want to use CB, FRS or GMRS, but forget about CB, it sucks, FRS is crystal clear, range is limited 2-5 miles GMRS is similar with longer range

Chatterbox is quick & cheap, snaps on to your helmet

I have Autocom, $$$$, when I have my FRS 2way attached, I can communicate with anyone else that has FRS, just have to know what channel

With my Autocom, I can listen too mp3s (full stereo) in relative quiet even at speeds over a ton with the noise cancelling headset, mp3 player is intrupted with automatic muting, by gps, radar detector, rider-passenger or bike to bike

·
Registered
948 Posts
I actually have a chatterbox and recently ordered an autocom. My main issue with the chatterbox was unless you wanted to attach it to the side of your helmet it was really hard to put anywhere else, and the full face helmet mic gets alot of windnoise making the vox useless. Other than that it was rather good. So anyone in the market for a GMRS chatterbox unit?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have the Scala Rider Q2 I have bought 3 they are compact and great for up to 1/2 mile, with passenger to rider I love it. They have the FM radio, blue tooth and on ebay only cost $165 or less. The Q1 is even cheaper but is for rider to passenger only. They cut out a bit sometimes which frustrates me but I'm trying to find out the cause.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We use Motorola Talkabouts, which we also use for hiking, hunting and fishing and all the necessary hook ups from Motocom @ https://www.rflimited.com/Site.asp?CID=3. It was fairly cheap to get outfitted. The systems worked great, we rode the Deals Gap/Tail of the Dragon and only lost contact in the steepest/deepest parts and only momentarily. Also use the iPhone and MP3 on it. Great setup!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi there,

My husband and I just bought the CARDO SCALA RIDER Q2 sets. They work really well! They have a 500m/ 1640 ft. range, they can connect to your cell phones, gps, mp3's as well as too each other. The set we bought will connect to 3 bikes. To get the 4th one in you could have someone be a relay (you know have rider 1 be connected to rider 2 and 3 and have either 2 or 3 be connected to 1 and rider 4).

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
We use Interphone. I get a lot of wind noise in full face helmet and the my missus says its fine as a passenger.

On a scale of 1-10 I would give it about a 5 or 6. It does its purpose to a point for me. Bluetooth wireless is a definite advantage for me.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
An update here ... one of my interphones just died and with out the serial # (cant find the box) it makes warranty a real hassle.

I decided to go with the new Chatterbox XBi2. The new XBi2 as opposed to the original is XBi as the XBi2 is 100% waterproof. It is also full duplex, stereo, rider2passenger or bike2bike up to 500 meters, up to 3 paired, up to 2 other devices (phone, intercom, ipod, GPS, radar dector).

I have read at a couple of articles on the net (everything on the net is true, right) but not confirmed that Blueant whom makes the Interphone may be going out of business.

Also Interphone cannot be paired with an audio device whereas the XBi2 can. XBi2 is also stereo.

I am going to conduct a full review and post it here for installation, performance, etc when I have time to test them properly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
most of my buddies in San Diego just use the chatterbox frms x1s. they're pretty good from what i hear. probably going to pick one up this weekend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts