Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

My bike has developed a problem and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with 07+ SvS.

Here's the details.
It's an 07 Sv650s with 16K miles. A few weeks ago I installed the Delkevic exhaust. First ride with it on I got some popping on deceleration but it went away after the first ride and hasn't happened since. I changed the clutch/brake levers to aftermarket cheapy ones that I got from ebay about a week ago and that's when the problem started. I don't think it has anything to do with that but I thought I mention it.
Sometime it happens when I'm engine braking, and it could happen when coming from 3rd to 2nd or 2nd to 1st and sometimes it happens if I just pull the clutch the rpm's will just drop and she stalls. So I went for a 200mile test run today to observe.

It happened a hand full of times during my ride, but I also noticed that on quite a few occasions, when coming to a stop, the rpm's will come down to about 750 and linger there for a second or two before it goes back up to 1250. When it does stall, she fires right up again, no hassle. When Idling at a stop whether in first or neutral, she stays at 1250 with not fluctuations.

As I understand the 07's and up have no Idle adjust screw because they come equipped with the auto idle adjust system (or whatever it's called) so I'm hoping that others with 07's and up may have had issues with this or know of a fix. Any helped would be greatly appreciated so I can try something before it goes to the dealership.

Cheers!

Dave.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
If it started when you put the levers on I would check to make sure the clutch safety switch is good, use a paperclip to hotwire it and go for a ride.

And on a second note mine did this when I tried to do the tre mod, I just jumped the tre plug and it did the exact same thing yours is doing now, come to find out on 07 and up you need a resistor to do the tre mod.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
If it started when you put the levers on I would check to make sure the clutch safety switch is good, use a paperclip to hotwire it and go for a ride.

And on a second note mine did this when I tried to do the tre mod, I just jumped the tre plug and it did the exact same thing yours is doing now, come to find out on 07 and up you need a resistor to do the tre mod.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

A few weeks ago after a rain my bike wouldn't start. Come to find out that the clutch level switch crapped out and I had to short it with a paper clip permanently in order for it to start. Could this be related?

aside from slip-on, levers, under tail kit I've done nothing else in the way of mods..... Thanks for the suggestions!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts