Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the near future I may have to ship a bike from New Mexico to California... Any thoughts on recommended bike shipping companies? (or just in general anything I may need to know)

Cheers! :eek:ccasion14:

James

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Put in a bid on uship.com with all of your details of shipment. You'll get plenty of quotes from all kinds of shippers. It's definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
If my geography is correct, the 2 states are adjacent to each other and I'm guessing it would be a good time of year to do the ride. There's some great scenery, what about riding, or having somebody ride it there for you? :rock:

·
Registered
920 Posts
from my personal experience uship.com is hit or miss (in only this respect: ) you really dont "know" the shippers and alot of time have to gauge the whole experience based off an email or two of conversation, that being said the motorcycle i had shipped did make it, but it was pretty costly.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
If my geography is correct, the 2 states are adjacent to each other and I'm guessing it would be a good time of year to do the ride. There's some great scenery, what about riding, or having somebody ride it there for you? :rock:
[cough] WhatTheHellIsArizonaDoingHere?? [cough]

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
from my personal experience uship.com is hit or miss (in only this respect: ) you really dont "know" the shippers and alot of time have to gauge the whole experience based off an email or two of conversation, that being said the motorcycle i had shipped did make it, but it was pretty costly.
Now that Uship has been around a while most of the shippers have a detailed feedback history, so you can kinda know what you're getting into. Of course your experience can differ from the reviews but its still better than going with someone completely unknown.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I originally thought you could ride that far, but even the most northwest corner of NM to San Francisco is 1000 miles. Buy a cheap trailer, borrow a truck, rent a uhaul?

If you really want a dedicated bike shipping company, they do exist, just have to do some research. I looked them up a while back when trying to buy a bike up north.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
[cough] WhatTheHellIsArizonaDoingHere?? [cough]

OK, my US geography sucks. :sbmfacepalm:

It's a little bit more of a ride, but still doable. If I had more time, I'd fly out and ride it there for him.

EDIT: Obviously I need to SEE that part of the country. lol

Arizona. Isn't that a foreign country of its own?

·
Registered
271 Posts
OK, my US geography sucks. :sbmfacepalm:

It's a little bit more of a ride, but still doable. If I had more time, I'd fly out and ride it there for him.

EDIT: Obviously I need to SEE that part of the country. lol

Arizona. Isn't that a foreign country of its own?
Your teachers and parents must be very proud of your accomplishments in American History and Geography!

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
No, not really. :D

If you showed me a map, I could probably name most all of the states. I have also numbered a sheet of paper from 1 to 50 and came up with all the names. I just had a brain fart.

It's my WORLD geography that really sucks. It just wasn't taught when I went to school. (or I skipped those days/weeks)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts