Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 05 bike recently started to surge while idling it runs good while riding ive checked all kinds of stuff bad fuel (drained replaced) cleaned throttle bodies cleaned air filter found bike was running a ngk cr9e changed to cre8e checked for vaccume leaks checked to make sure getting good fire from ignition coils ,cleaned the sparkplug drain hole. i just recently purchased this bike and it ran fine when i test rode it and even the first time i took it on a ride through the neighborhood,ive been looking for a sv for a while but im starting to second guess myself for wanting one,if anybody can steer me down the path to rightousness,i would greatly appreiciate it...... thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my bike doesnt idle that high it idles about 1400rpm but has a surge, it will drop 150/200 rpm than pick back up i can ease the throttle to 2000 rpm and hold it and it doesnt do it,ive actually rode the bike out the road from my house it runns good love the low end...just sux @ idling.....

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
owner's manual says to warm it up in summer at 2k for 10 minutes. after that, it should idle at 1200 - 1400.

is the motor cold when you have been checking it? i'd ride it for a bit, or just let oil get up to temp and then see what it idles at to see if the problem is still active.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i set my tps sensor yesterday and it seemed to fix the surge i took it on small ride came back still no surge at idle ,but today i went to change the oil in my other bike i thought id start the sv and the surge is back i guess i'll try the tps thing again to see if its below the setpoint i put on it, i know i tightened the bolts ,if my tps isn't where i set it i guess its bad,but before i do, i'll try to let my bike idle for 10 minutes then go on a short ride and see if the surge is still their......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts