Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have and 02 SV. I bought it in April of this year. It ran good all year but at the end it started to develop a skip. LIke it would run then skip and and run and skip. I changed the sparks and they werent black. They were white so I can tell the bike is running lean. Also right before I put it away it backfired pretty good. I have a stock exhaust on the bike but it is either worn out or has been bored out because its pretty loud ( just like an aftermarket - that came from a mechanic). I am wondering what may be happening or does it just need to be jetted or what. Please help guys! ;D

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A guy I know told me that I just needed to have the carbs synched. What do you guys think? Do you think I should have this bike jetted?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
If your plugs are white, you're running very lean.

You need to rejet and re-sync.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
NHSVnaked said:
I ride Pilot Powers (Michelins) and they are awesome. If you want new springs check out www.holeshot.com and look at the Progressive Springs or Check out Sonic Springs from the SVrider home page. As for engine oil I run Suzuki two cycle synthetic. Make sure the oil has the right stuff in it for a Wet Clutch. Some VTWIN oil doesnt have this "stuff" in it because some of them ride dry clutches and that will do you no good.

I think you need to have you bike professionally taken care of

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Jimmie said:
Yeah, unless you have worked on motorcycle carbs before I wounldn't try doing it yourself. RandyO is right, take it to a professional
after seeing his post about running 2stroke oil in the SV, I was thinking more about ALL maintenance

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Meant to say 4 stroke guys I am not that stupid. Just a slip of the finger while typing. Ever happen to you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts