Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike was running fine when i raced it at daytona in march. when i brought it up to loudon about a month ago it ran like crap. by running like crap i mean it hesitated until it got up into the higher rpms. it wasnt so bad racing becasue the revs are usally up past the heasitaition point. so i was at my house yesterday and i was fiddling with it and i did the dip stick thing to see how much gas i had then i mixed octane booster and reg 93 in a gas can and poured it in. there wasnt much gas left in the tank. after about 5 mins of riding around my neightborhood when it was finally nice and hot the hesitation went away. and now its gone comepletly. could it just of been bad gas? or maybe mosture in the fuel? what do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Possibles

Water in the fuel that you eventually ran through, or some crud on the plugs that got cooked or blown off.

Depending on which octane booster you used it may have had some water absorption or surface tension modifying chemical in it. The big problem with water is that it is so much more viscous than gasoline that it won't go through ports in the carburetor or fuel injection. The solution is to reduce the surface tension of the water or to bind it to a chemical that breaks the droplets into tiny bits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts