Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new rider and just got a SV650. I've been told that a tipover is very likely during learing ( :? although I will do my best to prevent it...) and I'm wondering if accessories are available to prevent expensive damage. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
46 Posts
frame sliders.... possibly swingarm sliders....possibly bar end sliders....

people like Nate's motosliders (www.motosliders.com), and I myself use Intuitive sliders (www.inturace.com).

Make sure you get the framesliders that go through the engine bolt.

Take the msf course too.

How big are you? When I was first learning I almost dropped it a couple of times, but was able to just pull it back upright.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yep. Frame Sliders.

For more information, click HERE

This will take you to Nate's Frame sliders. They are the crowd favorite when it comes to frame sliders. You can also pick up the swingarm sliders that also serves as spools for the rear stand.

I'd also recommend the MSF course, if you haven't taken it already. ;-)

Welcome to the board!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the inputs...!!! I'm 220 lbs and 6ft - I've taken the MSF course and came close to dropping the bike once during the course but was just able to pull it up.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Primary crash protection's always better though- that is, don't crash :) I reckon 9/10 road riders would benefit from further training, even some of the most experienced riders I know learned a lot when they did further training recently. I know I would, and I can count myself a pretty safe- if not particularily fast- rider.

·
Registered
524 Posts
just remember to sit on the bike when moving it. will save you a tip over or two. I know this by experience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts