Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a pair of Bike Master Daytona bars for my 08 naked and put them on Sunday night.... took about 1 hour. Had to reroute the front brake line to the outside of the headlamp assembly. Everything else was fine cable length wise....I had to pull the wires out a bit and bend the throttle cable clips that route them around the ignition switch but all in all it was an easy mod. The difference is HUGE! At least for me. With the stock bars I would go numb after about 45 minutes of riding..... even with making sure I didn't have a "death" grip on the bars....took a 55 mile ride this evening and boy....what a difference. More upright seating position and no numbness.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Nice pics, Tom. Are those black? I like it. Next time I see you I need to sit on the bike & try those out. I've been thinking about the GenMar risers...

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice pics, Tom. Are those black? I like it. Next time I see you I need to sit on the bike & try those out. I've been thinking about the GenMar risers...

Yes they are black. I planned to get some black mirrors to replace the stockers, but now that I have the new bars I can actually see traffic behind me out of the mirrors and not just a nice reflection of my inner elbows! Next time we ride ...you can do more then sit on it.......I'll let you ride it....then you can compare the two. If you decide to go that route I can help you do it..... I have a big drill press that made drilling the holes for the switch pods easy.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I have been running those for over a year. I pulled my top triple and moved my wires and clutch cable to the other side and have plenty of slack. For the front brake I just unbolted the bracket on the lower triple and it worked. I have an 05 naked.

But you are right, they make a big difference. I added lower Buell pegs and that helped open the rider position even more. My back still bothers me, but those made a big difference.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you elaborate on that??
I want to do the same for my '07 naked.
Yes I can....this might be a little to much info but here goes......... you need to drill 2 holes in the top of the bars......one side is 6.25" in from the end and the other is 6.625" I think......I just copied the stock bars. What the holes do is anchor the switch pods. IE: makes it so they don't spin around the bar..... I mounted my bars on the bike in the position that I wanted and then put some masking tape on the area where I needed to drill. I then drew a line the appropriate distance in from the end of each side. I then took a level and placed it on the top of the bars so it faced straight ahead and straight back. This is where I made the other line to form the cross hair as to where the hole needed to be drilled. Now you could just use a hand drill and start with a small drill bit and drill a pilot hole and then the bigger hole.....but with the drill press I was able to clamp the bars to the table and drill the hole in one shot. I put a chunk of wood under the bar and used a wood clamp to clamp it so it didn't scratch the finish.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not me....I'm to dang old!
It's cool though. At one time on my naked I had these bars on too. I really love the way they look because of the black paint. It always seemed strange to me that Suzuki put on these odd chrome pieces here and there on the SV, while a majority of the parts are painted/powdered. I liked the bars too, they had less sweep than the stockers which made the wrist pain go away, but i thought they were a little high since I was looking for a more aggressive position on the bike.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Packman, thanks for the reply.

I am going to order a set this week and do the swap as well.
When I bought mine Chaparral Motorsports had the best price on the bikemaster bars. But that was over a year ago.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When I bought mine Chaparral Motorsports had the best price on the bikemaster bars. But that was over a year ago.

That's where I got them from.......they had the lowest price that I could find. I also bought new grips......but while I was trying to get the throttle grip on I ripped it! :mad: I'm a retard.....So I put the stock grips back on. The left grip is glued on and to get it off I slid a small screw driver under it from the end and worked it around the grip and it came off. When I went to put it back on I slid it on the new bars to see how it looked and then planned to take it back off and glue it on with the grip glue I bought.....but the dang thing was stuck good so I just left it. The more I ride the bike the more I like the bars. I really like the upright riding position....I'm old....;D

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
hey packman, if ya rotate those back towards ya' a little, they'll feel even better...

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hey packman, if ya rotate those back towards ya' a little, they'll feel even better...

Actually no..... I started out with them as far back as possible ....they just cleared the tank.......I ended up rotating them forward some to get the best feel for me. If you look at the bike from the side the bars line up with the forks. ;D

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.