Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
thats really cool, I would love to ride an Aprillia RS125 or better yet an RSV125

·
Registered
146 Posts
Way too subjective of an article, at least for me. A big fat Buell beating an RS125... ::)

Sure, you can lean on the motor more to make up for imperfect technique, which they apparently did. But this was not motor comparo, it was a handling comparo.

Me no likey.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have to say that the latest crop of Buells has be very interested. I think my next bike could be a Lightning 12S, Speed Triple, or Monster S2R.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Craigmri said:
A Buell with 159 Bhp and a top speed of 181 MPH!.....Thats a joke!
More like a typo. It's not an inline 4 either.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
That was a very interesting shoot out.... I think the formula was a bit off... but hey, so are those Brits. The article just goes to show how subjective bikes really are. Now if our rags here were to do this, it's be different. Buell in last place, with first place being what ever has the most ad space in this months mag. ::)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Daytona.... I want one! 8) Maybe I can get a clear out of the new tripple in 3 years when I am done with my SV

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the fact that the daytona came in so high makes me all the more excited for the 680 triple.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I only saw Buell in bike shows, but the concept of the "frame/gas tank" it´s revolucionary.
I think that Erik´s a genius...

The all article, i don´t know. Saw the formula but, R6 and gixxers are great at corners and they´ve got so bad pontuation, of course they ´re harder to ride than some powerless bikes but this doesn´t make them worse. RS125 is probably the nº1!

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
That article's basically crap. Marking up bikes that can't corner because you don't expect them to be able to corner is just absurd...

In the same issue, though, the SV kicks the arse of the Bandit, Fazer and Z750 though :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree that the article is crap but some of what they say I agree with.  Anyone can make a ZX6R go fast around corners.  However, if you had an SV rider follow a ZX6R rider through someplace like the dragon and the SV rider was able to stay on the ZX6Rs tail I bet if you asked each rider about their ride the SV rider would be stoked and the ZX6R rider would be embarrassed.

Personally, I find it a lot more fun to ride a slow bike fast then a fast bike slow.

For instance, A month or so ago, I was toying with the idea of getting a used R1.  I took it out for a 30 minute spin and it was absolutely awesome, keep the tack below 7K and it practically steered it self.  Riding around above 7K is where things get interesting and this is where you risks lose of license or more.  After my ride I though what an awesome bike for the track but a boring  OR dangerous bike on the road depending on how you ride it.

After riding the R1 I thought my SV was quite involving.  Not from a speed perspective but from a user involvement perspective.

FYI, I also have a BMW R1200GS which I took on a trip through VA, NC, GA, and TN with several very experience rider on liter bikes.  Sure if they wanted to they could leave me on straights and if they were pushing it on really fast sweepers (>90mph) but this would only happen if we were seriously exceeding the speed limit.  I am by no means a great rider, the GS just conveys confidence when cornering and is a blast to lean way over, way more fun then a bike with wire wheels and knobby tires

FYI, I was carrying most of their camping gear on the back of the GS ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts