Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have been noticing this fuel smell when i start the bike.On carefully noticing there was little fuel trickling from throttle bodies which would go away after few minutes.On carefully noticing it seems to be coming from this connector fuel line in throttle bodies.
So i took it apart and there seems to be no cracks in there.

here is a link to the part schematic. It is the connection in the center of part 10
this is for sv1000 but sv650 is same
http://www.bikebandit.com/showschematic/m9775sch510758

Its listed for $150 @ ron ayers.What else are my options without shelling out $150 for that little part.Can i get that fuel line from automotive stores

I was thinking of getting the whole tb assembly of ebay for 75 bucks and replacing.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
If there is a crack, you may not be able to see it. DO you have an air compressor, a way to seal it and blow air? If not, maybe a rubber plug and pour fluid in it - maybe just your finger on the other end. Then try to pressurize by blowing like a straw to see if it weeps out anywhere.

A hairline fracture is repairable if that's the case. I personally wouldn't use a sealant or glue, but braze or solder it.

If that ain't it, I'd just replace the seals (o-rings) and see what happens.

·
Registered
799 Posts
it is probably just clamp not holding hose on tight enough. you can try replacing hose clamp and tightening it. I may have extra one, #10 assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts