Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy wants a bike that he can screw around on. Of course he would love to get a sport bike but he has enough sense (and not enough money) to get an old beeter. I found a 1980 Yamaha 650 special. It runs well and is in good shape. The guy will sell it for $550 so i think it should be a good deal. 17000 miles, new battery, new rear tire, new seat cover. Anyways, I told my buddy I can turn it into a hooligan machine for very little money. I was gonna put clip ons on, paint it flat black, hack of the rear fender, shorten the front fender considerably, and paint the header pipes black. What do ya think

[/img]

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sounds like fun! You good with a wrench? Even if it runs, expect to find problems...

·
Registered
313 Posts
$550, if it runs decent, he'll get at least that back when he if sells it. I'd say get it.

dunno how much of the cafe racer thing would be possible, but best of luck :) old bikes are fun.

·
Hall Monitor
2,738 Posts
XS650s can be pretty cool:

Of course, the fun thing about spoked-wheel bikes is that you can make them look a lot older than they really are. Just paint the chrome (including the rims):

What you can do with a couple of rattle cans and a tractor seat from a geriatric tricycle...

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts