Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO i have a 08' S with decent tires on it about 50% tread i believe. Also have a ZX-10 rear, and .80 fork springs all installed last year. But recently the bike feels loose. like in turns it feels very unstable. it doesn't feel like its losing grip but it just feels like its ready to fall over.

Also when driving and wiggling back and forth it feels like its easy to do then normal. i don't know if the is in my head and its acting normal, or if its a actually issue. any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Check the stem bearings and locknuts. Loose stem locknuts make the bike feel like you described: mid-corner floppy, like the bike's lazy and wants to lie down.

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Half-worn tires can do this too. I normally pitch them because of handling weird vs being totally bald. Can you feel any flatness on the rear? Riding up on the edge of the flat can really make the bike unstable until you get on over fully on the side tread. Never hurts to check the torque on things too.:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i check the air pressure when cold and they were both at 30psi.

And i would love to check the stem nearing and locknuts but i don't know what they are. sorry for my lack of experience

·
Registered
367 Posts
so i check the air pressure when cold and they were both at 30psi.

And i would love to check the stem nearing and locknuts but i don't know what they are. sorry for my lack of experience
set your air pressure to 33f 36r. test ride bike to see if it improves. also if your back tire is squarded off, it will wobble abit on initial lean. could be time to replace tires.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i might be squared off tires. i notice it more as slower speeds, at HWY speeds not as noticable. The tires are 2 years old with a track day and about 3000 miles i think

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Check air pressure.

My tires are used, abused, and begging for reprieve. My bike handles great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts