2006 GSXR 1K front end
Trailtech Vapor
Firebolt headlights
2nd gen cam swap
Targa seat cowl
Bt-016 tires
Metallic gray paint
Powdercoated random parts

Just got a chance to ride it for the first time this year. Whats not done yet is the full M4 exhaust (on the way soon), making the fender eliminator, and powdercoating the motrax bar ends black.
What you guys think?

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
nice...I like it. well. minus those headllights, but hey to each their own.

What's with the techspec sticker?... is it good for 5 or 7hp???

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The black pieces came with the targa seat cowl. The techspec sticker is covering a huge scratch on the frame compliments of Summit Point Raceway. Waiting for it to warm up a bit before I but the the actual Techspec on. 5-7 HP indeed.

·
Registered
856 Posts
i think i like the little lights next to each other and those sort of stick forwards a bit to much. Excellent other wise, that exhaust isn't gonna pass inspection or even your local cop.i think if you get harleydavidson lables for it and it doesn't need to pass.

·
Registered
157 Posts
dang, its so awesome. this is the role model for what i want my bike to be one day :D only thing i might want to also add is powder coated frame and swing arm (gold or black !??!?!) + rear shock. nice work!!!!

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Nice bike man...I like the no muffler look....I also like how everything matches EXCEPT your gloves and helmet lol....

How's the trailtech vapor doing? was it easy to install and is everything working? does it jump(speed)? Planning on installing one on mine.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Paint the torque arm for the rear caliper and lose the fender! Looks great, just needs those finishing touches IMO. BTW, who did the powder coating and what did they charge?

Later,
Chrome...

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I really like it man, great job. I don't normally like that headlight but it looks pretty good on your setup.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input guys. I was about ready to paint the torque arm but I got the jitters and had to actually take it out for a ride. The exhaust right now is the stock one chopped down with a bolt on tip from wallyworld. The vapor was an easy install, but the tach stopped working today. I wired it up with the raptor 700 wire with the resistor but it seems to have broken at the resistor. Easy fix but a P.I.T.A. for something I payed more than $10 for. The headlights were meant to sit closer to the bike but due to a change in mounting they ended up further out than expected. As for the powdercoating, I have a gun from Summit Racing and have a large toaster oven to bake the parts. My parts are getting progresively better. I can do things for real cheap but there isnt much of a gaurantee that things will turn out perfect. Does anyone happen to have a spare set of good carbs laying around? I've rebuilt my carbs like 3 times now but can never get the front working right. I need to buy a set ASAP to put an end to it. I also need to find a fuel petcock. Mine lets gas run when there is no vaccum. I just ordered a full M4 stock mount exhaust tonight. I can't wait.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Toaster oven to bake parts in? Brilliant! That's a hell of a good idea, keeps the stink out of the house and the wife off my back. Plus, my oven in the new house doesn't work....yet.

Later,
Chrome...

·
45% Member
7,585 Posts
I approve of this bike. Good job! :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts