Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any passenger foot peg from other bikes that have a rubber top "like the driver pegs on the sv" that will fit on the sv. I seen a few busa's that had passenger pegs that look like our front pegs but dont know if they fit. My wife says the solid rear pegs make her feet go numb and it drives her nuts and i dont blame her.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same problem. My GF kept complaining that her feet would slip off the pegs while we were riding. I didn't find anything rubber topped specifically made for an SV but some dude on Ebay who was parting out his Busa claimed that the pegs would fit pretty much anything made by Suzuki.

What came in the mail was rubber topped, and did fit... but they were super cheap looking (had that made in china fake chrome look).

After one 2up ride the next complaint was that the right one vibrated too much and was uncomfortable :facepalm: Maybe some genuine Busa rears would work pretty well? I dunno, I put the stock back on and told my passenger to get better boots.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Spray with Plastidip. The Plastidip is textured and can be used to provide extra gripping.. Plus, it's completely removable (without damage).

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
She needs a combination of different boots and learning how to sit on the bike. The vibrations are probably only a contributing factor to the numbness, and the angle at which she bends her hips is causing the numbness after a while.

The two of you should experiment with different riding positions, and try to find a safe way for her to sit up straighter.

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Probably not. Even though passenger accommodations are provided, they are more like those on a SS bike than a ST bike. Nobody, except maybe my wife (5' nothing, about a buck-ten) is going to be comfortable up there for very long.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Corbin seat, my fiancee loves it. But then she is tiny, so the feet thing dont bother her.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My wife is about 5'2" at a buck maybe buck-o-five. We have a Almost new set bill mayer front and back seat coming and a givi top box mount. Im gonna try and get a bestam 929 with the back pad on it hopefully. If that dont work ol girls going bye-bye. "the bike not the wife." it would be hard though since its the only bike ive ever bought new

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
My wife is about 5'2" at a buck maybe buck-o-five. We have a Almost new set bill mayer front and back seat coming and a givi top box mount. Im gonna try and get a bestam 929 with the back pad on it hopefully. If that dont work ol girls going bye-bye. "the bike not the wife." it would be hard though since its the only bike ive ever bought new
If your wife wears a jacket with a back protector she probably won't need the back rest. I had a Givi E45 top case and my wife told me not to worry about buying the back rest as she was plenty comfortable when leaning against it with her jacket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts