Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm kind of slowly working up to doing small things to my bike after not touching it for a year when I first got it and I was looking into replacing the front sprocket.

So I got together all the parts/tools and took off the front sprocket cover, but the clutch cable completely covers the nut so that you can't get at it. What's the best way to expose the font sprocket nut by removing only the minimal number of parts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
you will have to remove the clutch actuator for access to the nut, just let it hang whilst you remove the nut..

oh, ya gotta put the clutch actuator back the same way as it came off, or weird clutch action..

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
To remove the actuator, unhook the little spring and then remove the 2 10mm bolts holding it on. Be careful when you take the actuator off the clutch push rod!! It's actually 2 pieces and if you let them separate tiny ball bearings will fall out roll off to god knows where. Take some masking tape and wrap it around it so that can't happen. Then just let it hang by the clutch cable.

Next you need to bend up the folded over part of the washer behind the C/S sprocket nut. Finally, take a 32mm socket and an impact wrench and spin the nut off.

Harbor Freight sells a decent electric impact wrench for around $65-70. Very much worth having.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts