Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Best value (cheap) brake pads?

4K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  eppy01f4i 
#1 ·
I have seen endless threads on the best brake pads, but I want my replacement pads to be the equivalent of OEM. I feel I don't need any more stopping power than I already have. I am more concerned about cost than anything (I truly need to replace all 3 sets).

Is the best bang for the buck in a replacement pad still a galfer or EBC type?

I have done minimal research off of SVR, I admit.

As always, help and positive input are appreciated.

#4 ·
Pretty much the best you are going to do with normal prices are about $30 for each set of pads. That means $90 total. You could always just do your front now and not use your rear brake, thats how I do 99% of my riding but if you did get into a situation where you needed to stop fast that might not be good.

#22 ·
I had to LOL.. Because otherwise I may have cried..

The week that picture was taken, I totaled my car. Every dollar I got back from the insurance company (3 grand) went to living expenses and school. I spent the next 6-8 months driving my bike to work (60 minute interstate commute) because it was all I had. Now, I have an old blazer that I have spent a grand on repairing just get me from point A to point B in the winter (I rode the SV up until the end of December).

I was just looking to not spend a lot on pads. I am actually going OEM from blair. I have more priorities with school and other transportation issues than getting high performance pads for the SV.. which is what most the threads on SVR discussed.

#18 ·
word up. eBay can be good or not. Kneedraggers usually has good prices. I think the key is more WHERE you buy and not which ones you buy.

I know it's hard for some people to believe, but there are people out there who are happy with their bikes being stock. They don't need the best and latest brakes, suspension, engine mods, bling, etc. Not everyone is a knee blasting menace on 2 wheels. ;D (Note: that was not a jab at you, Mike)

#35 · (Edited)
Sorry to **** you off sport but the guy asked for opinions on pads and i gave him one. You gave a worthless one.

Care to give a review other than you have used them for 60,000 miles?
How is the feedback? Cold stopping? Any race or track use you care on commenting about or you just want to remain useless?
:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.