Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen endless threads on the best brake pads, but I want my replacement pads to be the equivalent of OEM. I feel I don't need any more stopping power than I already have. I am more concerned about cost than anything (I truly need to replace all 3 sets).

Is the best bang for the buck in a replacement pad still a galfer or EBC type?

I have done minimal research off of SVR, I admit.

As always, help and positive input are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
EBC HH Pads are pretty good and only like $25.00 a pair.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Pretty much the best you are going to do with normal prices are about $30 for each set of pads. That means $90 total. You could always just do your front now and not use your rear brake, thats how I do 99% of my riding but if you did get into a situation where you needed to stop fast that might not be good.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
why would you not want to spend money on brake pads???

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wouldn't buy ACME brake pads. I assure you. My life and my regular passenger's life means more than a couple dollars. I am looking for best value here. I know the guys on SVR wouldn't recommend something that would endanger my life..

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
i wouldn't consider EBC an acme pad company...

i priced pads for my 07 Gxxr fe, Oneida had the cheapest, EBC for $25.99 ea, FA379HH

·
Registered
78 Posts
Pretty much the best you are going to do with normal prices are about $30 for each set of pads. That means $90 total. You could always just do your front now and not use your rear brake, thats how I do 99% of my riding but if you did get into a situation where you needed to stop fast that might not be good.
??? we have 3 sets of brake pads on the bike?
I just got lucky, a local racer is going to give me his OEM pads b/c he converted the bike to full track ;D

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
In the op's defense. He never said he wouldn't spend the money he just said he wanted the cheapest. I think he's trying to be smart with his money as opposed to being just plain cheap.

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Good point. Would have left out "cheap" though, and stuck with the "best value".

That being said, I've always gone with EBC and had no issues. Best value, IMO. Alot of it has to do with shopping around. Check different sites, and even local dealers to find out the best price.
word up. eBay can be good or not. Kneedraggers usually has good prices. I think the key is more WHERE you buy and not which ones you buy.

I know it's hard for some people to believe, but there are people out there who are happy with their bikes being stock. They don't need the best and latest brakes, suspension, engine mods, bling, etc. Not everyone is a knee blasting menace on 2 wheels. ;D (Note: that was not a jab at you, Mike)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts