Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally managed to scrap up enough money to actually buy new 08/09 sv650 and I just need some advice on what I should do. Here are the options that I was thinking of:
1) Buy a bike now while bikes aren't really in season (I'm in Wisconsin) and the economy is obviously pretty trashy or...
2) Wait longer to see if bikes will drop down in prices even more because of the terrible economy.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Bike prices generally go up in the spring. If you can find a bike you like, I'd buy now.

·
Registered
750 Posts
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
What he said. You can get a good 2nd gen for under 4 grand right now. Do it.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Same concept applies. Dealers haven't been selling many bikes these past few months so I bet they'll go to extreme lengths to make a sale.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
^ What he said.

I bought my '07 as a leftover in '08. Got it out the door for $500 under MSRP.

·
Registered
720 Posts
omg don't buy new if you can possibly avoid it!

I bought new. trust me, unless you manage to get a good enough deal that you won't be saving money buying someone's 07/08, buy used. I wish I had.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I bought my '06 650 at the end of '06 for 4999.00 and my 1000 for 6999.00 at the same time.Don't buy new.(meaning '09)Why buy something that will depreciate the minute it leaves the floor?Be smart,you can get an exhaust and some other gear with the price difference.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Always buy in the winter. Fall is even better. Better still, buy in the fall from someone who is either getting married or having a kid. I usually re-sell their bikes for them in the spring and make $1K per unit.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
If you want it for this riding season i say buy it asap. I dont see the prices droping before next fall reguardless of the economy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've found 3 2008 SV650s models where I live and all are going for 4999.00, you should be able to find one for around that no matter where your at. One in Mississippi, one in Alabama, and one in Florida. We ride year round here so if your in the off season finding one shouldn't be a problem.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
you get on http://www.cycletrader.com/ find the lowest price for the bike you want and take those numbers to your local dealer. tell them what your going to pay not what they want you to pay, if they don't meet your price try the next dealer.......... it worked for me, in May of 07 I got a 07 SV650S for 5,699 +tax 401.55, filing fee 15, and temp tag 10.50 = total price $6,376.05............ don't pay for deliver or assembly fees if the bike is on the showroom floor

·
Registered
421 Posts
Always buy in the winter. Fall is even better. Better still, buy in the fall from someone who is either getting married or having a kid. I usually re-sell their bikes for them in the spring and make $1K per unit.
yea i got mine from a guy getting married. he was desperate for the $$

1 - 20 of 22 Posts