Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to recall that somebody (either here or another SV forum) found the optimum RPM to produce the best vibration frequency in, uh, the passenger seat area.

Anybody recall what that was? Can't seem to find it. For science...

:naughty:

·
Registered
238 Posts
what kind of vibration? is it motor based or wheel spin based. if its motor based then you probably are missing some fair bolts and tabs here and there and its just rattling. if its wheelspin based then your rear tire is probably not aligned with the bike. there are adjustment lines scored into the chain tensioners make sure both sides of your rear tire are adjusted to the same spot and make sure your chain is not too tight when you do. your chain should have a small amount of play but not enough play that your chain rubs on the rear header. when you adjust it make sure that the chains maximum movement range is not hitting the pipe. its possible that you are missing a tooth on a sprocket or have kinked links in the chain. i dont know about the 650 models but i know the 1000 models have a very poorly machined clutch basket hub bearing and it allows for a lot of additional vibration also if you do not have a TRE unit (timing retard eliminator) then your bike sends the spark halfway down your decompression cycle which can cause a ****load of low rpm vibration and a very jerky start in first gear. havent heard of the 650's having an issue with the flywheel rotor magnets coming off but if that happens you will get a very hard vibration on the entire bike once the magnets all start touching instead of being evenly spaced. heaven forbid that you got a new rear tire installed and they put balance wieghts on the rim as 99% of most bikes do not need balance weights cause the rims are balanced from factory. other than that i wouldnt have a clue what else could be making your bike vibrate like that.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I always mess with my gf and just hold it at 7k at a light or something. Or slowly rev it.

She said she would be very disappointed if I sold my bike, and that's not cause its fast or cause it looks nice ;)

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
what kind of vibration? is it motor based or wheel spin based. if its motor based then you probably are missing some fair bolts and tabs here and there and its just rattling. if its wheelspin based then your rear tire is probably not aligned with the bike. there are adjustment lines scored into the chain tensioners make sure both sides of your rear tire are adjusted to the same spot and make sure your chain is not too tight when you do. your chain should have a small amount of play but not enough play that your chain rubs on the rear header. when you adjust it make sure that the chains maximum movement range is not hitting the pipe. its possible that you are missing a tooth on a sprocket or have kinked links in the chain. i dont know about the 650 models but i know the 1000 models have a very poorly machined clutch basket hub bearing and it allows for a lot of additional vibration also if you do not have a TRE unit (timing retard eliminator) then your bike sends the spark halfway down your decompression cycle which can cause a ****load of low rpm vibration and a very jerky start in first gear. havent heard of the 650's having an issue with the flywheel rotor magnets coming off but if that happens you will get a very hard vibration on the entire bike once the magnets all start touching instead of being evenly spaced. heaven forbid that you got a new rear tire installed and they put balance wieghts on the rim as 99% of most bikes do not need balance weights cause the rims are balanced from factory. other than that i wouldnt have a clue what else could be making your bike vibrate like that.
Dude, he's looking to "impress" the ladies with his vibrational powah.

·
Registered
760 Posts
what you really need is any parallel twin where the pistons go up and down in sync, like the older triumph bonnies, I'm not sure if the current motors do the same. Most likely they are at least better balanced.

·
Registered
705 Posts
He wanted vibration in the passenger seat. Think about that logically for a minute and then respond. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
if you just want vibrations to please your lady friends when they go for a ride then you could just take off your rear seat and attach a small motor that has a small spinning arm and make your rear seat vibrate at all rpms even when you are sitting at a lite. but yes if you want the bike to make your lady wet you should've gotten a cruiser bike with cobra pipes. atleast a 700cc but better with a 1000+ the harleys sound nice but if you are not a bike mechanic and you are not rich then i would suggest a jap cruiser over the harley sheerly for maintenance and reliablility reasons. i had a 86 virago 700 with cobra drag pipes on it and that bike was louder and had a better thumping vibration than both of my friends harleys

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what you really need is any parallel twin where the pistons go up and down in sync, like the older triumph bonnies, I'm not sure if the current motors do the same. Most likely they are at least better balanced.
Best ever reason to get a specific bike? I think so.

Just give her a tennis ball to hold between her thighs.
But this sounds cheaper. But who said it's for her? 0_0

...don't tell me nobody else rides around on their passenger seat sometimes. Pimpin.

·
Registered
238 Posts
get yourself a suzuki savage 800 single cylinder thumper and you will never have a problem with pleasing your ladies. that bike thumps way harder than any vtwin and yes the parallel twins do produce more vibration but from my experiance its not enough to impress the ladies.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Desnorkeling and aftermarket can, without baffle, increase a little bit the vibrations.... That might help your research...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Desnorkeling and aftermarket can, without baffle, increase a little bit the vibrations.... That might help your research...
I was just going to start loosening unnecessary nuts and bolts, like the rear axle, and see if that works.

·
Registered
238 Posts
probably not the route i would take. check out the link from jvs1000s thats the idea i was talking about guy used a 3000rpm vibrator and installed it into the top side of the rear seat foam and recovered it. giggity effin goo

·
Registered
335 Posts
I test drove a used 06 fz1 that at 6k rpms the vibration thru the seat literly felt like a vibrating chair on steriods, that what made a girl happy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts