Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got home from a quick 40 mi ride last night, didn't want or have time to wash the bike completely. However, I still want to get the bug spatter and minor raod grime off the paint. So, what do all you SVR'ers use to clean your bike after a quick riide?

·
Premium Member
5,615 Posts
Plexus is great stuff. It puts a smooth shine on the paint so it seems the more you use it the easier the bike washes up. I use it on my helmet visors and my 2 shiny bikes. My SV is painted with bedliner, so it doesn't get the special treatment. :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
I just hand wax it at the beginning of each season. That way i can just hit it with the hose and almost everything comes off. I dont trust many cleaning products.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Meguires Final Inspection I have been using this stuff for years and buy it by the gallon. Smells great to.

Mequiars Carnuba Wax every few weeks after a good wash down and in between and after the ride I use the Final Inspection stuff, too. It works great. I buy a bag of the terry cloth small towels at Costco and use those exclusively. Throw them in the wash after each use. If you have heavy road grime and tar, a quick wash down of those areas with warm water and Woolite laundry detergent (won't cut the wax protection) would be a good idea so you're not rubbing that nasty grime into your clear coat, then hit it with #34.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
So I got home from a quick 40 mi ride last night, didn't want or have time to wash the bike completely. However, I still want to get the bug spatter and minor raod grime off the paint. So, what do all you SVR'ers use to clean your bike after a quick riide?
Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish with a microfiber cloth will do you just fine.

There can be only one...

·
Registered
904 Posts
+1 for Plexus for all the plastics.

The engine I usually leave till I do a full wash.

·
Registered
209 Posts
You guys need to look into Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine. Its a 3 in 1 product; clay lube, quick detail, and wash.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
honda polish doesn't exist anymore
Yeah, but there is a product that is made by the same chemical manufacturer and the the same formula. It is now marketed under the brand name Original Bike Spirits.

http://www.originalbikespirits.com/products.aspx?pid=667

I found out about this product from the proprietor of Marietta Motorsports. The company is here in Georiga. From all accounts, it is identical the original formula that was marketed as Honda Polish.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Picked up some Meguires Quick Detailer at Target yesterday, worked great, and does smell nice!!! Thaks all!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts