Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
did you say aluminum bar stock from home depot?
That's basically what I have. When I took my bike in for its 600 mile service, I asked the dealer if they new anywhere to get the block-offs. I had been looking, but hadn't found anything I was sure would fit.

When my bike was done, like magic, the dealer had installed the bar-stock and some nice round headed hex screws. A couple coats of flat-black paint later, they don't look too bad. Best part was, they didn't charge me for them, and even gave me back the mirror bolts I was using to fill the holes.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
That's basically what I have. When I took my bike in for its 600 mile service, I asked the dealer if they new anywhere to get the block-offs. I had been looking, but hadn't found anything I was sure would fit.

When my bike was done, like magic, the dealer had installed the bar-stock and some nice round headed hex screws. A couple coats of flat-black paint later, they don't look too bad. Best part was, they didn't charge me for them, and even gave me back the mirror bolts I was using to fill the holes.
block of plates for the MIRRORS? there is no hole underneath! just get some bolts that look similar to the windscreen bolts and screw them in, or just use the mirror bolts, nobody will know. honestly, this is how my bike is.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
yeah..you talking mirror block off plates, or PAIR system??

Mirror block off plates..I have thought about it..but for the cost people would want to spend on them, not worth the time to machine manually.

PAIR system: Yeah, Chewy already makes a very nice, comprehensive kit.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pair block off plates.
Looks like Chewy's the man.
Just hope he's not too busy wrenching on the Millenium Falcon's hyperdrive though.
Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
he has his machinist make them in batches..so he should always have some. I have his kit n my own bike.

tree huggers...go away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts