Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the performance of my sv. But I am never satisfied. What is the most recommended performance mod. I already have a M4 slip-on. Everything else is stock. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
899 Posts
Realistically, you can spend big $ (IE power commander, air filter, full exhaust system, etc,.) and you are talking about 5 - 6 HP over stock. I've done lots of mods and got this result. Lots of other people on this board have tried to get more HP with similar results. Bottom line is if you want much more HP than the 650 offers get a 1000 or a different bike!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I do get another bike it will be a SVS 1000. But this is my first street bike and need to learn first. I figured that if I built this one up while I was learning that it wold better prepair me for the 1000. I was thinking of a K&N filter and a programmer. I wasn't for sure what was the mod for the best power gain. I do appreciate all of the info. Thanks from a SV newbie.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
from what i've heard the stock suzuki filters out perform k&n. i wouldn't believe it if several people hadn't said it. also take the advice i've been given the money spent on getting 5-6 hp isn't worth it. try suspension mods first than do stuff like the TRE mod and TPS adjustment. also play around with gearing its amazing how dramatially you can change the power by gowing up and down with the number of teeth on sprockets.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
bigdogs_sv said:
I love the performance of my sv.  But I am never satisfied.  What is the most recommended performance mod.  I already have a M4 slip-on.  Everything else is stock.   Thanks for the info
your best performance gain will be a track day, some schooling, you will find that the SV can do much more than you think it can, after than , start thinking suspension mods, increase horsepower is the least cost effective way of making performance gains on the SV

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just want to say thanks for all of the info. After reading all of the post I am going to work on the front suspension and rear shock. I have noticed the soft front end. With this being my first street bike I thought that it was normal. I am used to the suspension of dirt bikes. This forum has a been a great learning platform and I am glad that it is here. Thanks to everyone.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
glad to help

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Try the 1000 intake snorkle, if nothing else it will sound better. I use a BMC air filter with the 1000 snorkle and I think I gained a little power.

·
Registered
50 Posts
1000's are cool if you do alot of long distance highway riding or like going
really fast in a straight line...you just can't throw them around in the
twisties like you can on a six fitty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts