Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the best mod you've done to your bike?

in these categories:
power/sound? looks? comfort?

power/sound: holeshot slip-on

looks: black powdercoated frame

comfort: lowered the bike an inch for more comfort at stops

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Comfort

1" high density foam in the seat. Next, fine tuning control position.

Power/sound, none. Going after power costs more mileage than I'm willing to give up. Sound, I prefer quiet so as to draw less unwanted attention.

Looks, relocated the license plate to right under the taillight, trimmed fender level with bottom of license plate. Can't be bothered beyond that.

I am thinking about repainting because of the various nicks, dings and scratches to the paint from normal wear and tear. My next door neighbor is a professional custom painter and owes me some favors.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
power/sound: tie between (TRE?) 1st and 2nd gear de-restriction and R6 throttle (yeah, I know they don't really increase power but they sure make the SV more fun :twisted: )

comfort: tie between gel seat (works very well for me) and clip ons

looks: rattle can paint job (brass), haven't seen anything look at all similar...

·
Registered
482 Posts
power/sound:restictorectomy (slip on to come at the end of August)

comfort: put enough miles on it to break the seat in.

looks: Put myself on the bike :-D (Actually, removing the fender is the absolute BEST thing I've done to the looks of the bike)

N

·
0 Posts
power/sound: 05 yosh tri oval carbon fiber full exhaust

looks: tri oval carbon fiber exhaust, my fairings, integrated tail lights fender eliminator

comfort: nothing yet but plan on shocks and springs soon

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Heated grips... Nothing better if you do any cold weather riding. Then the ignition advancer- for the riding I do I'd almost say it was better than the cam swap, and at something like a tenth the cost. The GSXR front end is a close third, just for the responses it gets and the performance it gives... But it loses out because the first two both cost under $50 :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
power/sound: holeshot high-mount slip-on with carb adjustments.

looks: color matched passenger seat cowl with removal of passenger pegs for riding Han Solo style.

comfort: Corbin seat and SV1000 rear shock for the inseam challenged. :lol:

·
Registered
745 Posts
power/sound - full Titanium M4

looks - BikeSide and Gimbel Bodywork or Monstrack Mirrors :?:

comfort - SM Type 2s

Man, this was hard. I've done so much to my little pile of sweetness. Don't ever make me choose again! :evil:

I love everything about her. I think I'm gonna cry. Let me go give her a drink of Rotella and tell her I love her. :lol:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Power - 14t sprocket :twisted:
Sound - Holeshot :twisted:
Looks - Dual Headlights :twisted:
Comfort - Hmmm, I have clip-ons and rearsets neither of which helps comfort, I guess it be either the improved front suspension making the bike more confidence inspiring or the r6 throttle :?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Power - Busa Pistons/Thinner Gaskets/Cam Swap
Sound - Holeshot Slip-On
Comfort - TIE Penske 8981/Forks and Sargent Seat
Looks - Blue LED's all over the bike

·
Registered
398 Posts
power/sound: Restrictor removal. Cheap and sounds good. But its the only "power" mod Ive made.

looks: Fender removal. DIY project. Again, cheap and effective.

comfort: Napoleon bar ends. I can see behind me with having to crane my neck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
power/sound: Bringing the power to the ground better = Wirth race springs with 20W oil in the forks, Showa rear shock, Metzeler Sportecs

looks: HammerIt lower fairing

comfort: The suspension again. Having loads of traction is comforting... :twisted:

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Power/Sound: Dual Ti Renegade high-mounts (best sound out there)

Looks: Dual Headlights (and the fact that I have a 2000 model with the charcoal gray wheels and engine)

Comfort: Sargent seat

Y

·
0 Posts
power/sound: holeshot

looks: naked

comfort: a few thousand miles to break the seat in... :lol:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Six Chin Skinny said:
looks:  rattle can paint job (brass), haven't seen anything look at all similar...

I MUST see the brass colored SV. I was actually thinking of having mine painted Gold. so am curious.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts