Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buying some soon. Need to ride, but need warmers. Chime in, price, function, settings, easy wiring.

I know.........it's been covered before, but I don't have time to search. Papers due, kids crying, wife wanting help with something, dog to feed, cat box to clean, floor to vaccum, taxes to do.......etc.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Oxford Heaterz. Wire right to the battery, replaces the grip, 4 heat settings (I've never had it past the second notch), controller will shut them off before they drain the battery... $60, get them from Lockitt.com and you'll have them in a couple days. Toughest part is having to smooth off the throttle tube and bond the grip onto it.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I like Symtec, the go on under your regular grips and allow you to use any grip you want. The hot setting is really almost too hot except when temps drop into the low 20's or below. You can get them from www.casporttouring.com. They used to be $26, but the price went up to $34 I think.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Oxford Heaterz. Wire right to the battery, replaces the grip, 4 heat settings (I've never had it past the second notch), controller will shut them off before they drain the battery... $60, get them from Lockitt.com and you'll have them in a couple days. Toughest part is having to smooth off the throttle tube and bond the grip onto it.
+1... These are what I use, affordable, come with an electronic controller, they get hot, work fine.. Also +1 for Lockitt.com as they are good people to deal with.
Tony

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like Symtec, the go on under your regular grips and allow you to use any grip you want. The hot setting is really almost too hot except when temps drop into the low 20's or below. You can get them from www.casporttouring.com. They used to be $26, but the price went up to $34 I think.
I agree completely. I love 'em so much, I just ordered another set this morning for my Buell. Even though their price went up, they're still cheaper than any other sites selling them.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Add another vote for Symtec. Check out CayonChaser's website for install and distribution block to help install them.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
I gotta recomend HotGrips.... only cause they are made right here in NH and will stimulate my local economy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts