Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last season, I added a set of adjustable riser plates for SV racing (thanks Blair) to "tweak" my riding position. Over the winter, I bought some new gear, including riding boots, which leads to my question.

On my first ride of the season, after my boots had some water on them, I noticed a distinct lack of traction on the stock footpegs. Obviously this is not ideal, and I would like to solve the problem in the cheapest possible manner.

Does anyone have any suggestions for aftermarket foot pegs for the SV?

I have access to Competition Werkes "GP Style" Pegs through a local supplier. Any opinions on these?

I would prefer not to switch to a replacement rearset yet, and don't want to "knurl" the factory pegs either if it can be avoided.

Thanks again,
Darryl

·
Registered
1,520 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
127 Posts
You could have put Woodcraft pegs on for about $50 right onto your stock rearsets. They are non-folding and don't leave you wishing for better grip. And myself I love a solid mount peg. Just feel so much more connected with the bike. Also works as a slider in a tip-over.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could have put Woodcraft pegs on for about $50 right onto your stock rearsets. They are non-folding and don't leave you wishing for better grip. And myself I love a solid mount peg. Just feel so much more connected with the bike. Also works as a slider in a tip-over.
I had been curious if they would fit the stock rearsets as well, but I do like the look of the stock GSXR pegs. Besides, my local dealer cut me a deal on the OEM parts that makes it about the same as the Woodcrafts. I may even get out the dremel, and add a more aggressive pattern to the outer edges of the new pegs. Time will tell.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do the GSx-R's pegs have the same base width as the SV pegs? In one of your pics there seems to be a gap, which may leave the pegs a bit loose (washer would be the cure).
Just mounted them today before leaving work. They seem to fit just as snug as the stock pegs, maybe a tiny bit of wiggle, but more than adequate.

Wow, are they ever more confidence inspiring! Compared to the stock "Rubber Smoothies", they beg to have you hang off. Great mod!

On a side note, the stock Gixxer shifter rod is quite good for people running Peg Relocators. It is longer than the stock unit, and allows the threads to seat properly with the pegs moved back and up.

Regards
Darryl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts