Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a fender eliminator kit and was wondering about suggestions. I seen the hotbodies fender eliminator and it looked good on-line, but a guy who races says that they are very brittle. Just looking for thoughts.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
under $400. I want something good, not junk.

·
Registered
316 Posts
On second gens you can eliminate the fender for free. Just unbolt the fender part, and drill two holes in the plastic where the bolts can mount up to the subframe. My fender eliminator cost nothing.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Hamicad is nice. I have the OEM 'Zuke on mine, not bad for $80 bucks.

Opinions will vary wildly here. It's all about what "look" you want. It's like asking everyone "what color should I paint my SV"...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On second gens you can eliminate the fender for free. Just unbolt the fender part, and drill two holes in the plastic where the bolts can mount up to the subframe. My fender eliminator cost nothing.
Does it leave a hole? How do you mount your lic plate?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hamicad is nice. I have the OEM 'Zuke on mine, not bad for $80 bucks.

Opinions will vary wildly here. It's all about what "look" you want. It's like asking everyone "what color should I paint my SV"...
I like the look of the hotbodies, clean, color matched, but I guess I was wondering if it was good product.

I just looked at the Hamicad site, is it easy to install?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you talking about an undertail or a fender eliminator?
I guess what I want to do is get that bulky thing off and replace it with something to put my plate on and install a combo chain guard rear hugger.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Well, once again, opinions will vary wildly... but I like my OEM FE. Two features I like: Easy install with stock lighting; Very good hard points for tie-down / bungee use.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have the hotbodies kit, $104 unpainted or $185 painted. (www.morepowerracing.com) Very sleek and clean, but they send brackets so you can drill holes in the kit. I didnt want to do that so I ordered a licence plate bracket from DougZ ($45) and bolt lights from ebay. ($15)
A little expensive but it is what I wanted.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well, once again, opinions will vary wildly... but I like my OEM FE. Two features I like: Easy install with stock lighting; Very good hard points for tie-down / bungee use.
Same thing for me, and also it was on sale for $40 because I have the 2003 model, and the Fender stuff is specific to that year. Clearance is awesome!

-Foxracer

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just looked at the Hamicad site, is it easy to install?
+1 for Hamicad's unit for several reasons:
* construction: stainless steel so it won't corrode or rust.
* lighting: utilizes stock lighting including license plate light, which makes the unit legal in California.
* installation: simple, bolt on with very basic tools. However, it does require removing the rear fairing (necessity for fender eliminators), but all instructions are included.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I really like the hotbodies fender eliminator....kinda bias because that's the one I got but well...lol

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Has anyone tried the EvoTech fender kit?
I just put the evotech on last week. It did exactally what I wanted it to do. Replaced the big fender on the back with something smaller and lighter, but still street legal. It uses the factory lighting, but the turn signals do not fit super tight, they have alittle play in them. I am happy so far after a week.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts