Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just removed the bulky fender and everything that went with the stock assembly including the license plate light. I purchased two license plate bolt lights and I intend wiring them to the main electrical harness. But I want the bolt lights to be removable without snipping the wires if remove the license plate for whatever reason. I still have the stock harness that's attached to the main electrical harness as well as the connector that's still on the stock license plate light wire.

I have come up with the idea of making a 'Y' harness with the stock connector on the one end, and then two sets of positive and negative connections for the license plate bolt lights on the other end. So the question is, which connectors (snap connectors and bullet connectors for example) are the easiest to use and the most secure? My soldering jobs are always blobby and uneven but I'm not afraid of going that route. If there's a comparable solution however, that doesn't involve soldering I'd probably go that route.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
I've been buying from EB for the past 3.5yrs and the min order has been $20. Positaps make good removable connectors. I have the basic bullet connectors on my signals and they work fine. However, they only get removed maybe once or twice a yr.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.