Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used 2005 SV 650S, stock with a yosh exhaust, and I'm looking for a Tail Tidy. Any recommendations for the best ones, including build quality, ease of install ect..

I was looking at the one from Evotech.

http://www.evotech-performance.com/acatalog/Suzuki_SV650_SV1000_03-07.html

I want to keep my bike legal license plate showing, and having the license plate light. Any comments on this one or if there is a better one out there? I live in Canada.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Evo-tech Tidy Tail is great! Very easy to install and looks great. You just take off the existing rear fender and the replacement just bolts right in. Just follow the instructions and there it is!

·
Registered
104 Posts
When I was looking for a fender elim I had similar criteria to yours; keep the plate in a legal location, keep the plate light, and keep the stock signals. I was looking at the evotech which looks great, but I also came across a company called Hamicad. I went with the Hamicad over the evotech just because the evotech needed these little brackets to mount a the plate size we use in the states. Not that it mattered much but i just wanted that many less bolts/fasteners to possibly back themselves out. I love my Hamicad, looks great, easy install.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I picked up a unit from Hamicad and am very pleased with it. The installation was very easy (just needed an extra 2 short spacers to mount the license plate light from the local hardware store) despite being rubber-shock-isolated from the frame. An added bonus is the unit is stainless steel; it will never corrode unlike other units made of steel or aluminum (steel plate against aluminum will corrode with time).

http://www.hamicad.co.uk/SV_Fender.html

·
Registered
104 Posts
on the hamicad FE, does it cover up the gap that is left over when you remove the original rear fender?
If I understand your question right, yes it does cover the gap. It looks very clean installed, like it could be OE. When I'm washing the bike I notice a water gets in, but I'm not sure if its really any more than the stock.

·
Registered
98 Posts
on the hamicad FE, does it cover up the gap that is left over when you remove the original rear fender?
Water can still splash in there (it did with the stock fender as well) but nothing inside can fall out the way it is designed.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I used the stock tail tidy at onieda suzuki....

Uses all the stock lights, keeps everything legal and is a breeze to install...plus its cheaper than all other tail tidy's i have seen thusfar...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts