Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
the best sound is not bluetooth, highest quality sound will be from wired unit. Autocom guarantees voice quality at any speed and music quality to 100mph

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
In my experience, the sound quality is not related to wired vs wireless, it is dictated by the quality of the headset. However, for the most part, wireless headsets are designed to be lightweight and small so, typically, a wireless headset will have inferior sound quality to a wired one.
Bluetooth's bandwidth is more than enough to carrier super high quality sound.
There is also how "good sound quality" is good enough. Every helmet/headset combination is different and if you factor in the rider's sense of hearing, forget about it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have a Sena 10. Check their website. Complaints of insufficient volume are common. I wear ear plugs and the volume is just enough.

Either Cycle World or Motorcyclist magazine did a short review of 4 or 5 systems a couple months ago.

Also check Webbikeworld for reviews.

Wired in the ear speakers block wind noise while providing sound so they have a big jump over in the helmet speakers.

If you don't wear ear plugs, you should. Its that simple, so best quality sound is going to come from in the ear units.

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
Not to be a safety-nazi, but the better the sound quality, especially the sealing out of traffic noise, the less aware of you are of what's going on around you. If you can't hear the soccer mom's MDX's horn, you can't avoid the consequences of her impatient stupidity.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have some panisonic DJ headphones connected to a Samsung BT received. Works great with my nexus phone. The speakers fit just about perfectly into the speaker pockets in my Bell Star helmet

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Not to be a safety-nazi, but the better the sound quality, especially the sealing out of traffic noise, the less aware of you are of what's going on around you. If you can't hear the soccer mom's MDX's horn, you can't avoid the consequences of her impatient stupidity.

just like earplugs, noise canceling cancels wind noise but you can still easily hear horns ( maybe not your own stock suzuki motorcycle horn that ya can't hardly hear anyway)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
While selling gear and accessories I've got to try most systems out there and probably the best I found were the Scala systems, the G4 and G9 I tried were incredible in terms of sound fidelity, noise canceling and form factor, they seem like they don't have enough volume until you add outside noise, then they can get pretty loud.

Plus the customer service and trouble shooting help is amazing.

But for me it's good ole noise canceling skull candy ear buds and the music player on my phone, they block wind noise excellently so I don't have to turn my music way up, plus I ride to get the hell away from people, so talking on the bike is never a desire.

·
Registered
788 Posts

If she uses it. Which she probably doesn't...cause they don't see you anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I've been using Skullcandy Inkd buds with an iPod nano for years now, work great at keeping the wind noise at bay.

I've been considering getting a Sena for my helmet, but how would I play music from my non bluetooth iPod nano to the Sena?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Scala g4...AWESOME! I think the g5 is out now. Bluetooth works great..volume also great plus its noise sensitive..meaning the less it hears..the less it puts out. Fm radio included in the unit.
Bought mine from riders discount. They gave me a great deal on the powerset, which includes 2 units for rider communication.
Discaimer..I am not affiliated with riders discount..just really happy with the unit.
Good luck

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Scala g4...AWESOME! I think the g5 is out now. Bluetooth works great..volume also great plus its noise sensitive..meaning the less it hears..the less it puts out. Fm radio included in the unit.
Bought mine from riders discount. They gave me a great deal on the powerset, which includes 2 units for rider communication.
Discaimer..I am not affiliated with riders discount..just really happy with the unit.
Good luck
The G9 is the new one and the one I currently have. The sound quality is much improved over my old Q2. I highly recommend this set to anyone and couldnt be happier with it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The G9 is the new one and the one I currently have. The sound quality is much improved over my old Q2. I highly recommend this set to anyone and couldnt be happier with it.
Does it work at speed (65mph)? Also is it relatively weather proof? I'm talking getting stuck in a rainstorm while you are riding, and not leaving it sit outside all the time.

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
just like earplugs, noise canceling cancels wind noise but you can still easily hear horns ( maybe not your own stock suzuki motorcycle horn that ya can't hardly hear anyway)
Good to know. Thanks, Randy.

·
Registered
968 Posts
i just recently got a sena smh5 system and installed that not too long ago. ~200 on revzilla.com i believe. sound quality isnt exactly the greatest when it comes to music (im sure my phone has something to do with that too), but i use it more for communicating bike to bike with my lady friend.

its still better to have something different other than just wind noise on longer joy rides.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Another +1 for the Sena SMH10. I use it for music and talking to the wife on the phone. I use the optional helmet mount that allows you to plug in headphones. I got some cheap noise-isolating ear buds and it works just fine for me. I can hear my tunes and also the sounds around me.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Does it work at speed (65mph)? Also is it relatively weather proof? I'm talking getting stuck in a rainstorm while you are riding, and not leaving it sit outside all the time.
Yes they do, the faster you go the louder it will turn itself up, all scala riders adjust themselves to ambient volume so that you do not have to screw with it once moving, I've had customers call traveling on the interstate and it sounded like they were on a house phone except for the occasional fraction of a second you could hear some wind blast or exhaust noise.

And yes they are completely water proof, if not return it to scala and they will warranty it, but I've never heard of one having any water related trouble.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
It's never been a popular choice, but I like my Blinc M1.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts