Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
This is a pretty subjective question.

I have the Napolean Barens and I love them.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is a pretty subjective question.

I have the Napolean Barens and I love them.

i can understand the looks thing being subjective, but a quality part is a quality part. I was wondering if anyone was going to suggest one of the $19.00 versions from Ebay. Im looking for something that wont move around a lot but still give me some pretty good vision... without being too big.

thanks for the replies guys!

· Premium Member
828 Posts
Lots of people have the $20 ones and like them. People even have $9 plastic ones made for roadie bikes and like them too.

The key is you need to sit down on a bike with whatever mirror you are considering and see if it works for you. Do you mind looking slightly down for a view? What about something that is too concave, making things appear farther away than they are? What if they are not concave enough and your view is too limited?

The best way is really to go and buy them used and try them out and if you don't like them, sell them.

Good luck.

tk

· Registered
7,369 Posts
I'm running with 2 different ones... On the right (the more important one, here, riding on the left) I have a CRG lanesplitter, which really is fantastic, if you want best then this is what you want. No vibration, great visibility, superb build quality, and of course they pop in which is a huge asset if you lanesplit. I couldn't live with fixed, wider mirrors.

On the other... I have a Cateye race mirror, made for a pushbike, it's plastic and cost £2.99 (about $5-$6). It also pops in, because it's not very well attached. It wobbles a bit, but is still usable. The image quality isn't as good, it's a plastic mirror I think. Above 100mph, the wind blows it around, and occasionally one will snap and drop off for no apparent reason, but that's OK as I bought 3. It does the job too.

But the CRG is just royalty, it's nice to have the absolute best sometimes.

· Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Plenty of threads on here about bar end mirrors. I have the cheap $14 MTB Mirrorcyle ones from my local MTB dealer and love them. I've run them now for over 7 years and never had a issue. I used the rubber cylinder of the naked SV and they wear out every so often. But now I use a plastic wedge clamp and they stay put.

Here's an old pic...

· Registered
106 Posts
I still can't decide. I'm tired of seeing my **** elbows, but I'm not sure bar ends are the way to go.

I don't do any lane splitting so no worries there. I'm just concerned about how far I have to look to see them. I've got stock SVS clipons.

That, and I have yet to see a S with bar end. It's seems bar ends are a naked feature.

· Registered
279 Posts
i had some crg ones, they sucked (both were loose where the mirror attaches to the rod holding it). guess i had bad luck. so i returned them, got my 65 smackers back and bought some 20 dollar ebay ones, which are better. they function mechanically the same way as the crg and you can tighten them and all.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I searched the forum already for opinions, but i couldn't find any concentrated info. This thread delivered. I decided to get the ebay ones posted by sailinghome2ct. If i don't like them ill go with CRGs for the SV and put the Ebay ones on one of my other bikes, all of which need mirrors of some sort.

Thanks again guys.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.