Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just wanted to see what I have gotten myself into and what my solutions are.

Long story short, I tried removing this bolt in question to install some frame sliders and it snapped on me.
Fuel tank Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Seems the PO had previously dropped the bike and bent this bolt. Took me all of my strength with a 1/2 drive and a breaker bar to get it to budge.
10-15 minutes later it snaps.

Bike's frame is straight.

Art Cylinder Gas Gun accessory Electric blue
Anyone know what I'm working with? I'm not even too sure if these are engine mounting bolts. or just some leftover frame slider installation bolts. Right side bolt came out with no issues.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
You're gonna need someone who knows what they're doing with a welder to rescue that.

You might consider MotoSliders frame sliders which use the bigger, stronger bolt next to the ones your current sliders use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're gonna need someone who knows what they're doing with a welder to rescue that.

You might consider MotoSliders frame sliders which use the bigger, stronger bolt next to the ones your current sliders use.
Oh yeah, I didn't install the current frame sliders, so I have no idea which kind they were, but the one I ordered now has the one single bolt that goes straight through from side to side

1 - 3 of 3 Posts