Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

A few monts back I dropped my bike, bending the left slider a little bit. Finally decided to get a replacement set, started taking the old one of the bike.
Looks like the bolt bent a little bit and doesn't want to come out. So, what are my options? I don't want to put a hammer to it - the frame might crack. Cutting it off doesn't sound too good either.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i just bought a set of motosliders"haven't put them on yet" but I'm looking at them right now and maybe you can grab the bent end w/Chanel locks and unbolt the opposite side to pull them out?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
yikes...is your frame bent?

svtrob said:
maybe you can grab the bent end w/Chanel locks and unbolt the opposite side to pull them out?
hmmm...probably couldn't even attempt that unless you cut the entire delrin puck off with a dremel or something.

Nate (the guy that makes and sells motosliders) is a pretty cool guy and posts here on the board. did you try to email him?

·
Registered
629 Posts
take both bolta off or at least the side that is not bent and take a screw driver and use it as a punch and drive the bolt out. That is about the only way you will get it out because it probably bent just inside the hole to where cutting it won't help. Probably only take a slight movement to get it to come out. You should crack anything IMHO.

·
Vendor
966 Posts
It's not a bolt, but a stud. This makes removal easier in the occasional case of bolt bending. There is a nut on the right side, not a bolt head, so you should be able to remove it and pull the bolt out the left side instead of trying to pull the bent left side through the whole frame.

If you have questions or concerns, feel free to give me a call today or tomorrow. 414-828-7500.

·
Registered
629 Posts
bbmxta said:
take both bolta off or at least the side that is not bent and take a screw driver and use it as a punch and drive the bolt out.  That is about the only way you will get it out because it probably bent just inside the hole to where cutting it won't help.  Probably only take a slight movement to get it to come out.  You should crack anything IMHO.
that is what I meant to say nate but after I read it I could see where someone may try to drive the thing all the way through the case :eek:...which is why I said it shouldn't take but a small tap or to to loosen the stud and it would fall out. Left side bent..loosen right side nut and tap on the right side stud end once bolt is off such that hte stud would fall out on the left side...right side is bent, take the left bolt off and tap on left side stud end so that it will be able to be pulled out on the right side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts