Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
You can get them from Portugal... They are lightweight fiberglass and are warped from the factory... Luis

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Also - I see you have a 1st gen - this pan really doesnt fit the lines. Check out the Bikeside ones - XPO might have them - tell AJ that Nate with Nudebikes referred you

·
Registered
10,246 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
dammn... i need to be looking on the british ebay from now on! thanks

but that ones for a second gen :(

but this one aint ;)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310112607158
The one I linked to will fit onto a first gen with the brackets they include. That is exactly what is on my bike.

And 45 euros seems to convert to near $60 so even with shipping, still pretty dang cheap. Just do a good prep job and it will look good enough. the rocks are going to have their way with your paint anyhow.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I have bought the rip-off one from Germany. You get what you pay for, but IMHO it's worth every penny. It comes shipped in an undersized box with no packing. You need to bondo the tip because most likely the gelcoat will be cracked.

But after it's all said and done, totally worth the time and effort. The JMV pans cost ~300... and then if you paint it.. even more...

March '08 SVotM has one if you want to look up some pics on a second gen. So does the bike in my Avatar.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The one I linked to will fit onto a first gen with the brackets they include. That is exactly what is on my bike.

And 45 euros seems to convert to near $60 so even with shipping, still pretty dang cheap. Just do a good prep job and it will look good enough. the rocks are going to have their way with your paint anyhow.
your positive about this exact one fitting first gen... if you say yes i press buy now

·
Registered
664 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Dont worry, it will fit, as long as the brackets make it with the package. I dont know if they get torn apart in customs or if they are just handled very roughly but it seems that everyone that orders one gets a pretty beat up box. If you have any questions on the install shoot me a PM and I will do my best to help.

1 - 20 of 210 Posts