Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Stupid question, appart from looking awesome, do Belly Pans serve some awesome aerodynamic purpose?

I'm looking at this one for my gres SV k9 model, do you gthink it would look good?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Puig-belly-...7488&pid=100015&prg=1017&rk=1&#ht_1550wt_1186

Oh, and did anyone ever have any nasty issues of riping it off going over soemthing or anything uncool like that? I imagine it would infulence the ground clearance..

Cheers

·
Registered
917 Posts
Hi Guys

Stupid question, appart from looking awesome, do Belly Pans serve some awesome aerodynamic purpose?

I'm looking at this one for my gres SV k9 model, do you gthink it would look good?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Puig-belly-...7488&pid=100015&prg=1017&rk=1&#ht_1550wt_1186

Oh, and did anyone ever have any nasty issues of riping it off going over soemthing or anything uncool like that? I imagine it would infulence the ground clearance..

Cheers
what i've noticed with most belly pans is that they are within .5 inches of the exhaust so they are very high up.

you won't see much benefit otherthan it will hold some oil should you blow a gasket and to some they look cool.

So if you think they are cool I'd go for it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think some of them are designed to help direct air up into the oil radiator. It will help keep the oil a little cooler. You can see that the one you linked will push the air up.

I don't think the SV needs that much help keeping the oil cool, but you can certainly use that as an excuse to get one ;)

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Unless you are getting a bellypan that has been approved by a racing organization, don't assume the bellypan will hold any fluids. Most of the bellypans I've seen on eBay, for example, are for cosmetic purposes, although any bellypan will provide some protection for the SVs exposed oil filter, especially if some mesh is added to cover any openings in the front of the bellypan..

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
My pan gets filthy from crap thrown up by the front tire. But, it's easier to clean the pan than the bottom of the engine which stays very nice and clean.:) I don't think it can hurt the aerodynamics and may actually help a little, but looks and protection are the biggest pro's IMO.

·
Administrator
11,042 Posts
This is the funniest thing I've ever seen on this website.:lmao:
You haven't been around enough ;)

Sent from my left shoe using the Motorcycle app

1 - 13 of 13 Posts