Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if this is an acceptable way to mount a belly pan for ccs rules. I checked and it holds over 3 quarts of fluid. I leaned the bike over both way very far and it did not touch the pan.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Although it might pass tech since it meets the requirements, I would not run it. I doubt much would stay in there at 100mph. Seems very shallow and low. I would like to see the sides and back an inch or two higher.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I don't think the rear section where it has the open hole would pass, I'd certainly not risk other folks lives with that pan

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you guys know of a ccs legal belly pan for a naked?
I still use the stock N handlebars and don't really want to convert to clip ons and bodywork.

·
Registered
271 Posts
buy a complete lower and mount it
yep. but if your going to be racing your going to want full fairings. The wind will take a toll on you. Clip ons are better in every way over standard handlebars. It doesnt take much work. I mounted a set of 04 GSXR 600 fairings with a matching stay and only had to make a couple simple brackets. Probably woujld take less time than trying to mount just a belly pan.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
do you guys know of a ccs legal belly pan for a naked?
I still use the stock N handlebars and don't really want to convert to clip ons and bodywork.
You will kick yourself the first time you lay the bike down in any way and break the clip ons, and no one will have a stock spare (because they all converted to aftermarket clip ons).

·
Registered
785 Posts

still have the molds for the belly and the upper...for sale, make as many as you want.

edit: just realized this statement may be confusing, I am not making these parts anymore, however I still have the molds and they are for sale.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Champer is absolutely correct, if your racing your bike is bound to hit the deck. Get some clipons and bodywork. The bodywork will help keep parts a bit safer and keep the wind off you. You will be surprised at how better you can rider when having wind protection. Wind buffetting and the noise alone being taken away will help your concentration and you will be able to hear alot better as well.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

still have the molds for the belly and the upper...for sale, make as many as you want.

edit: just realized this statement may be confusing, I am not making these parts anymore, however I still have the molds and they are for sale.
PM sent.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Your brake lines would be a bit long if you converted to clipons but it would still work. I went from naked with bars to naked with clipons and I eventually swapped out the brake cables, throttle lines and even the throttle housing to the S version for a better fit and finish but it would still work, especially since you are not running stock plastic up front, you have a lot more room so your cables won't be getting hung up.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
which fairing stay would I need? Ive heard race bodywork is meant for one of the gsxr years but then I also see the woodcraft ones.

and also does the bodywork come with all mounting hardware and instructions where to mount it?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
which fairing stay would I need? Ive heard race bodywork is meant for one of the gsxr years but then I also see the woodcraft ones.

and also does the bodywork come with all mounting hardware and instructions where to mount it?
If you are buying new bodywork there is a company called motofairings.com that has some bodywork for like $280 I think and it comes already drilled, so you don't have to worry about lining it up and putting it together. A friend and SVrider has a set and it looks good. You can get either woodcraft or vortex fairing bracket and you will need to buy Dzuz fasteners to button everything up.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
how is the quality of the moto fairings brand? I definitely like the price tag compared to sharkskinz or armour bodies but i also don't want something that will shatter the first time I lay the bike down

1 - 20 of 27 Posts