Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive decided to make a belly pan purchase for my red 07. I have it narrowed down to the side belly pan style but can only seem to find it without paint for around $320. Im not really too worried about matching the color exactly as long as its close, especially since it doesnt touch any other painted surface. Any insight ?? or potential better prices? Thanks to all !!

·
Registered
984 Posts
/noob question
What is the belly pan for? Is it just for looks or does it also offer additional performance, cooling, protection, aerodynamics, etc.?
/end noob question

Do you have a link to the model?
Catches stuff like oil as well. Some tracks require belly pans...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not all belly pans are fluid retaining so if this is important you need to check it out. Also the tracks around here don't require one, just give it a good lookover in tech.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
i'm very happy with my PowerBronze pan. no hassles in mounting, paint it whatever color ya want, or, leave it black!!

http://superbikestore.com/sv650_03+.htm

oh yeah, $139!!

where you at in the Buckeye state??

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
i'm very happy with my PowerBronze pan. no hassles in mounting, paint it whatever color ya want, or, leave it black!!

http://superbikestore.com/sv650_03+.htm

oh yeah, $139!!

where you at in the Buckeye state??
Do you have any pictures of your bike with this installed? All I can find is close ups but I would like to see a pic of the whole bike.

EDIT: nevermind! i found it easily by searching threads started by you. looks good!

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I love the style of the Poly26 belly pan, BUT it cost $200-300 (primered) AND it's shipped out of France (it took me over 3 months to receive the belly pan at my house)!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I think I've made the decision to go with an 06 OEM off of ebay and just repaint it. Its about impossible to find a good one for an 07. So now that i need to change from 06 red to 07 (darker) red, any pointers or ideas ? seeing that the belly pan won't touch any other painted surface and its mostly under the bike it shouldnt be impossible to get halfway close. Thanks for all the ideas always appreciated !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts