Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can no longer afford to buy it in stores. My friend is starting to catch on that I only go over to his place to drain his fridge. I need ideas fast. Does anyone here brew their own? How does it taste? How hard is it? Doable in a bathtub? Or do I need fancy equipment? Will I go blind if I screw up? ???

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
I want a home brew kit. I think it'd be fun and the brews I've had were awesome.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Give up something else that costs money. Like food.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
yeah can't you get ramen noodles for like 20 for $1

·
Registered
308 Posts
you might want to look into becoming a wino. carlo rossi thumb jugs can be had on the cheap, and its guaranteed to assassinate your sobriety.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've done some home-brew. If you want to do it very basic, it's about $40 for every 2 cases. But the up-side is it tastes better than any $20 case you can buy.

It takes about 3-4 hours your first time to make enough for 2 cases, and then you have to let it sit up to 4 weeks. After the first 10 days or so, however, you can start your second batch. You just need to buy another 48 bottles.

Let me know how serious you were.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Drink cheap ass beer, what like milwaukees best is still 10$ case.

I hate quitters.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've done some home-brew. If you want to do it very basic, it's about $40 for every 2 cases. But the up-side is it tastes better than any $20 case you can buy.

It takes about 3-4 hours your first time to make enough for 2 cases, and then you have to let it sit up to 4 weeks. After the first 10 days or so, however, you can start your second batch. You just need to buy another 48 bottles.

Let me know how serious you were.
school me. My biggest concern is dropping some money on a setup and then brewing a few gallons of vinegar by mistake, and putting a months worth of waiting down the drain. I'm pretty good at chemistry, but is it as difficult as some say? My friend who does it says it's dead easy. I've tried his homebrew and it was pretty tasty. Do I need to bottle? Or can I ferment it in a keg and drink from that every day? Would home brew be ale?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts