Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 504 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to start a thread showing our most recent pics from our most recent rides. These both came from last week.
I think it would be good to keep the pics fresh...maybe just a week or two from when you snaped them.

Swan Falls Dam just south of Boise ID. The wire hanging down goes to my toasty warm heated vest. Riding in the 40s and 50s never felt so good.

Another day ride to Owyhee Reservior on a very windy day. Nice afternoon getaway into eastern Oregon.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Last Thursday's ride ~90mi west of Ft. Worth. Total trip around 400mi

Literally only a minute after we stopped the BMW's valve stem went kaput...just started spewing air

Quite funny seeing a sophisticated German piece of engineering in an old-school Harley shop. Even funnier watching the old-school Harley mechanics try and work on it!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Swan Falls Dam just south of Boise ID. The wire hanging down goes to my toasty warm heated vest. Riding in the 40s and 50s never felt so good.
I'll post pics maybe tonight, but quick question on the heating vest: I was looking into this and on powerlet's website, saw that they advised against using a heated vest with the SV650(S) due to not enough current in the electrical system. Have you had any problems with the heated vest? Where did you attach the vest cord - direct to the battery or elsewhere

Tx!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I am jealous of you guys that actually have scenic areas to ride around in.
it's -30°C right now with -40°C windchills. I haven't ridden my bike since September, and there's been snow on the ground here since early October.

I'm jealous you can go outside with exposed flesh and not get frostbite!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll post pics maybe tonight, but quick question on the heating vest: I was looking into this and on powerlet's website, saw that they advised against using a heated vest with the SV650(S) due to not enough current in the electrical system. Have you had any problems with the heated vest? Where did you attach the vest cord - direct to the battery or elsewhere

Tx!
I never really checked it out or did the math to see if I had enough output because a bunch of people on here and other pages never had any problems.
I don't usually turn it on unless I'm rolling down the road either so I think it is all okay. My vest is a Tourmaster Synergy and I also have heated grips. You can attatch them directly to your battery or do a distribution block like canyonchaser.
http://canyonchasers.net/shop/generic/relay.php
(Thank you canyonchaser for your fine website!)
That is what I did and it looks and works great. If all you are going to hook up is a heated vest it is just a 15 min job. It takes longer to get the seat off than it does to hook up the wires to the battery. Feels warm like sitting in a hot tub too. lol Sooooooo Nice.

"I am jealous of you guys that actually have scenic areas to ride around in."

All of the good stuff around here is covered with snow, I'll post some of that by late April or early May. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great pictures,

Here's some from the last couple days.

St. George, Utah

Arizona?

Somewhere in Utah

Brrrrrrrr

Zion, Utah

Valley of Fire, Nevada

It's been an amazing trip so far, but my ass is killing me, gotta get rid of this stock sv seat.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
WOW

·
Registered
385 Posts
When I ride, I don't have time to stop for pictures! MUST RIDE MUST RIDE MUST NOT STOP!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Went on a quick 100 mile or so loop that ended up on highway 1 on Saturday. Got to try out my new naked setup. :)

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
The first Dual Sport ride of the season, and first ride ride of the year for me. I am going to have to say, the SV might be up for sale after this summer. We'll see. I do know, however, the SV won't be making an appearence at the SV Rally come June.

Broke down with a blown main fuse. Needless to say there are now bunches of these in the tank bag. Thanks baby!

Finding some field to go check out some unknown Cliff's that were in the Kentooky.

And the second break down of the ride..........Sorry baby, but I have to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's a crappy cell phone picture from today. If anyone knows western NC, I rode up 178 to Rosman, then got on 215 (got to follow a VERY fast Ducati rider on the way up), rode about 15 miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway (where this picture was taken), then I rode 276 back down to Brevard.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I never really checked it out or did the math to see if I had enough output because a bunch of people on here and other pages never had any problems.
I don't usually turn it on unless I'm rolling down the road either so I think it is all okay. My vest is a Tourmaster Synergy and I also have heated grips. You can attatch them directly to your battery or do a distribution block like canyonchaser.
http://canyonchasers.net/shop/generic/relay.php
(Thank you canyonchaser for your fine website!)
That is what I did and it looks and works great. If all you are going to hook up is a heated vest it is just a 15 min job. It takes longer to get the seat off than it does to hook up the wires to the battery. Feels warm like sitting in a hot tub too. lol Sooooooo Nice.

"I am jealous of you guys that actually have scenic areas to ride around in."

All of the good stuff around here is covered with snow, I'll post some of that by late April or early May. :)
Tx man. I was wondering if it was safer to hook up the vest to a distribution block rather than direct to the battery.

Here's the scenic area around me:

Byron, Illinois.

Lowden State Park.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Highway 25. Leeds, Alabama. March 8th 2009

·
Registered
375 Posts
last weekend at the Rock Store along Mulholland Hwy in Malibu, CA
What do you use for a camera/mount? I love the pics!

Regards,
Darryl

1 - 20 of 504 Posts