803cc Air cooled

inverted forks
Wet clutch/slipper

Single sided swing arm.

My SV was my first, this one is 'nice'.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Only thing that makes me concerned about Ducatis are all the problems they seem to have. When you surf the Duke boards it seems like they have nothing but problems! Make sure you tighten this nut or your engine will be wrecked, electrical connections frying, gotta replace this, etc, etc, etc. Don't get me wrong I really like them, but it makes ya wonder!

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
g0sAi_650 said:
i love all bikes, but as far as ducati's go, rarely do i ever pull up to one that sounds in tune :-\
no, thats just how they sound.. like something is broken lol

·
Registered
799 Posts
I don't think that bike has a dry clutch. Sat on one and if I was picking a new monster (without going with the S4R) it would be the black with orange stripe. Sweet bike. Power wise should be very similar to the SV650. Congrats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wet clutch? I thought the whole point of a Duc was that clattity, clattity, clatter of a dry clutch? I love that sound!!!
I love ducs but honestly I would never own one as my ONLY bike. Expensive to maintain as your only mode of 2 wheel transportation and questionable reliability. But as a third bike (trailer queen to be ridden in summer only) I'd definitely consider one. I'm looking at a 2007 749. maybe... ;D

BTW, why didn't you keep the SV?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Photos coming.

Got 42 miles on her so far -

I just realized I posted with out photos (and I hate when people do that...)

I literally just got the bike Saturday - rode Sat/Sun around town.

Its got class - the engine is not as 'smooth' as the SV.

The clutch is 'grabby'.

But - when she moves, she handles.... well.... wow :eek:

I will hang out here though if you all don't mind. I have been around here for years and have become comfortable with you guys.

·
Registered
296 Posts
frayed said:
I don't think that bike has a dry clutch.  Sat on one and if I was picking a new monster (without going with the S4R) it would be the black with orange stripe.  Sweet bike.  Power wise should be very similar to the SV650.  Congrats.
it has a APTC wet multiplate with hydraulic control, but I think they still sound like they have the dry clutch. AT least the ones I heard at the GP did.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm so glad they raised the MSRP by $500 for the 2006's otherwise I could very well have this beauty in the garage right now:

:'(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts