Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just instaled some EBC HH Standard brake pads on my roadracer. Anybody know the approved bedding procedure for these pads ?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I made sure they worked, and then went pretty easy on them for a while. Progressively harder stops. They work just fine. Way better than my brother's stock 03 brakes.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
hmm... seems like it called for several hard stops from 60mph I think but... that may not be right... I have EBC pads on truck too and I know EBC said to do this in truck... its been awhile since I put them on the SV but I think it was very similar

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
direct from EBC tech email:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the best way to bed in EBC's US Made, Double H, Sintered Metallic Pad's,
all though this is not what is printed on the back of the EBC packaging !

I cal it the "25 / 25" !

Do 25 stop's in a row, from 25 mph's. No need to come to a complete stop, just down to 5 to 7mph, then to 25mph, then to 5 to 7 mph, etc, etc.

Then STOP ! Park the bike, and let the disc's and pad's cool until you can touch the disc's with you bare hands and not burn your self.

This get's a good, minor, heat cycle into the pad's !

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
hmm cool to know.... thanks for the info because I am sure I followed what package said and didn't remember doing 25 of anything ;)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
i would go with 25 stops from 25mph rather than a few stops from 60. for the same reason you break your engine in at 5000 rpm for 1000 miles, instead of 10000 rpm for 500 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
ridesideways said:
i would go with 25 stops from 25mph rather than a few stops from 60.  for the same reason you break your engine in at 5000 rpm for 1000 miles, instead of 10000 rpm for 500 miles.
I was relating my instance of seating EBC pads on my truck which does say from 60 and not 25.... maybe due to pad material being harder to heat up in the truck compared to a bike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts