Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the most common form of mcycle accident is crashing into a motorist turning left in front of the mcycle. Well, that's exactly what happened to me on Thursday, according to the police report. I suffered a concussion and have no memory of Thursday other than leaving the office to go out to for lunch to celebrate a colleague's birthday. All I remember is waking up in the hospital feeling dazed and confused and in pain. According to the report an old lady in a cadillac turned left and I tried to swerve past her vehicle but hit the right rear side and flipped over the car and landed on the other side. Thankfully I am okay now, except for a chipped bone and several other bruises and ofcourse the memory loss. (HJC CL14 helmet and teknik jacket, gloves) The SV is totalled. I know I should have been more careful. Unfortunately since I cannot recall what happened I don't really know what I could have done to prevent it. I do not(well rarely) speed on surface streets(I do trackdays), so I do not think I was speeding. I think it's time for a new bike. I am thinking of a Firebolt 9R(any suggestions?)

·
Registered
270 Posts
man, that sucks bro, sorry to hear that...now dust yourself off and get the b-king from suzuki...its just a prototype now but check it out...supercharged busa motor kind of street fighter styling...omg...yeah you need 250 hp to the wheel to get you over your accident...

·
Registered
238 Posts
sorry about the accident. So is it considered your fault? Go get yo' self a Ducati M900 or something kewl like that. If ya wanna be real cool, check out the Triumph Thruxton 8)

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
That's a bad way to go down. Take it easy for at least as long as the doctors recommend. Keep track of all treatments and all costs. Any time you have a loss-of-conciousness/loss-of-memory injury there could be effects that won't show up for weeks. I'm sure the neurologists will inform you of all that. The important thing is that, if the driver is insured, to not sign a release until you are danged sure you are O.K.

By the way, this is not the most common kind of accident. The numbers are available at the NHTSA site. Common or rare, this is the one that injured you.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Glad ur okay enough to type this out :-D Hope ur back on two wheels soon!!! Stupid old ladies just shouldn't drive...especially when all old ppl drive huge cadilacs that doesn't handle all that well...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
acedeluxe said:
sorry about the accident. So is it considered your fault? Go get yo' self a Ducati M900 or something kewl like that. If ya wanna be real cool, check out the Triumph Thruxton 8)
No, the lady is deemed at fault for the accident. Thanks for the wishes guys. I hope to be back on two wheels soon.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
While that sucks for the obvious reasons...
I was just telling my friend tonite how much I enjoy passing out (not from drunkenness). It's a really neat experience. She had just told me she had passed out in a restaurant for a couple seconds and I told her my story about passing out three times in 10 minutes when I was giving blood for a medical study. It's a pretty funny story ;D
Not that I want a concussion or any kind of accident, but when it's relatively harmless, it's really neat.... well, obviously, I think so.

Get well and an amazing bike.

Josh

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think the 9r's a gorgoues, exotic looking bike. Go for it...I doubt you'll be disappointed.

But test ride it first....it's very different from the SV.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ben_JamminVFCC said:
  I think the 9r's a gorgoues, exotic looking bike.  Go for it...I doubt you'll be disappointed.

But test ride it first....it's very different from the SV.
I test rode the XB9S(not the city X) back in June and liked it quite a bit. I really wanted to test the firebolt but the local dealer didn't have one for a demo. I really like the way the ZX6R looks to though I've never ridden one. Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Don't sign squat and speak to a lawyer-- NOT for a lawsuit, but so that they can review whatever thing the insurance company would want you to sign.

Andy's right-- with a concussion and memory loss you don't necessarily realize the damage that may have happened.

I'm not trying to freak you out, but make sure any future problems are addressed in any settlement.

Glad you are all right and I hope you have a good recovery.

·
Registered
81 Posts
its also good that you are okay to get back onto one... lots of people that i know are selling their bikes because of the dangers in riding. sticking up for what you love is truly what counts, i wish you a quick recovery and happy shopping.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts