Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while my tires are off I am going to replace the bearings because I think this is the best time to do so... but are bearings something I can get my local Suzuki? Or is it something I should order online? thanks guys ;D

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
So while my tires are off I am going to replace the bearings because I think this is the best time to do so... but are bearings something I can get my local Suzuki? Or is it something I should order online? thanks guys ;D
:tard:

That's painful to read.

Support your local chop. Buy them online. It's your choice, you can get them either place.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ask your shop for them. If they sell parts, it's likely they sell bearings. Or you could use Google and find them yourself.

Both are faster than asking here.

;)
It's easier for me to post a thread since I can't be on my phone more than a few minutes at work. I can check the thread and see what people say. I don't want to get over charged cause of my inexperience.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
It's easier for me to post a thread since I can't be on my phone more than a few minutes at work. I can check the thread and see what people say. I don't want to get over charged cause of my inexperience.

The shop price will depend on the shop. So if you want the best price, you'll need to shop (call) around. One of my local shops will price match anything on BikeBandit. Another shop will charge you the Suzuki OEM rate, plus the shipping to get it to their shop, plus a markup.

Or if you don't have the time after work, you can just skip all of this and order it from a fiche site like BikeBandit, RonAyers, or Honda of Toledo.

·
BannedCampCounselor
9,911 Posts
Also check All Balls, they've had good prices on bearings and are of good quality as well. At least, that's been my experience.

·
Registered
17,602 Posts

So call...from home?

Inexperience has nothing to do with being over charged. Not looking around is a greater risk.

Go look around.

(edit)

My point is this: Instead of being lazy and expecting others to do the work for you, put your street slappers on and be a big boy.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
My point is this: Instead of being lazy and expecting others to do the work for you, put your street slappers on and be a big boy.
UB so harsh. :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So call...from home?

Inexperience has nothing to do with being over charged. Not looking around is a greater risk.

Go look around.

(edit)

I usually don't get home til after shops close.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Isn't that the point of a forum? we could all be big boys and go tear down the bike ourselves and answer our own questions, or we could post here and have an answer in 1/120th of the time

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Isn't that the point of a forum? we could all be big boys and go tear down the bike ourselves and answer our own questions, or we could post here and have an answer in 1/120th of the time
That's the problem though: we don't know what the specific shop is going to want or cost. One shop might have a no-culpability policy, where they aren't responsible for anything except what you explicitly ask them to do. Therefore, of you bring the cush drive because someone on a forum tells you to, then you might be ******.

For your example, you're taking responsibility for whatever work you're doing on your own bike. You have every reason to ask someone more experienced for advice. That same sentiment will never apply to some third party speaking for the workings of a private business they have no dealings with though...

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
This are common bearings you can buy anywhere. Like wheel bearing is 6204 on 2nd gen. About $5 each.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
are your bearings actually bad? this is not something you need to replace just because you have the wheels off and it's "a good time to do it".

·
Registered
44 Posts
All balls racing was great. quick shipping includes all bearings and seals I think it was approx 48 shipped for everything when I did mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
are your bearings actually bad? this is not something you need to replace just because you have the wheels off and it's "a good time to do it".
+1 man, 15k miles is not much to need bearings. Mine is closer to 35k and the bearings 2k miles ago when I replaced the rear tire was more than fine.

Make sure they're messed up before you plan on replacing them

if it aint broke, don't fix it

·
Registered
155 Posts
Whatever you do, make sure it's made in USA, Canada or Japan. Stay away from China. I don't know much about specifically bike bearings but why would you want to replace them if there is no problem? Sometimes if ain't broken makes sense, why risk aftermarket bearings? Car bearings go well beyond 100-200k most of the time...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm at a little over 18xxx miles ...so I was thinking it might be a fine time. They seemed ok to me... but then again thats why I posted cause I dont have that much time or, a service manual...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts