Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWWbs4NQ9l4&feature=related

We had a humpback whale wash up on shore on sunday, they think it got tangled in something, then starved. I sucks, I hate to think it died because of something humanity left behind.

reminds me of a newpaper article I read about a year ago. I don't remember what kind of whale it was, but whalers killed it, them determined by a spear that was stuck in it that dated back to the mid 1850's that the whale was over a 150 years old...what gives humanity the right to kill something that has been swimming around for over 100yrs.

save the whales, hell save us all!

forgive me if I did'nt get that link posted right.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
+1.

"Look...its a huge rare fish. Let's kill it."

(Not saying that pertains to this particular situation, but just saying....)

I think the same thing sometimes when driving and seeing dead animals. Its sad when man's activities interfere with natures. Its a shame we can't be more like the american indians in respecting nature more.

Or maybe the whale was sunbathing.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
It's always sad to see them beached. They are very interesting creatures.

Don't know who taped that but I kind of want to ***** slap them.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
every local idiot with a camera went to film it

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
My reasoning was related to their commentary...not to their actions directly.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you must be talking about the guy who said he was getting hungry

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
If you turn it up you can hear the surrounding folks as well. There is another video that shows them piecing it up to remove it. That one is worse

·
Registered
328 Posts
I can't get on youtube at work but have you all seen the video where they blew up a dead beached whale to try and clear it off the beach? It rained down 100+ pound chunks of whale over a couple mile radius and did some pretty good damage. Afterlife vengeance!

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
I can't get on youtube at work but have you all seen the video where they blew up a dead beached whale to try and clear it off the beach? It rained down 100+ pound chunks of whale over a couple mile radius and did some pretty good damage. Afterlife vengeance!
you mean reno 911 the movie?

·
Registered
328 Posts
you mean reno 911 the movie?
Lol, it was a lot like that only real and there is a video of it floating around somewhere. I saw it on one of those worlds most amazing video shows.

·
Registered
362 Posts
reminds me of a newpaper article I read about a year ago. I don't remember what kind of whale it was, but whalers killed it, them determined by a spear that was stuck in it that dated back to the mid 1850's that the whale was over a 150 years old...what gives humanity the right to kill something that has been swimming around for over 100yrs

You're referring to a bowhead whale that was hunted by natives in Alaska. The need for food and fuel, and the amount of intellect we possess(well, not all of us...), gives humanity the right to kill something that has been swimming around for over 100 years.

Survival of the fittest, and all...

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Only relevant when it is for survival. For them it was. It isn't now for all but the smallest pockets of humanity.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I take solace in the fact that long term, the earth will be here much longer than humans. And all our pollution and environmental destruction will be reversed over the billions of years.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
+1.

"Look...its a huge rare fish. Let's kill it."

(Not saying that pertains to this particular situation, but just saying....)

I think the same thing sometimes when driving and seeing dead animals. Its sad when man's activities interfere with natures. Its a shame we can't be more like the american indians in respecting nature more.

Or maybe the whale was sunbathing.
I can agree with that a bit but when it comes to road kill you won't get a whole lot of sympathy from me...in fact, you'll get none.

If I'm traveling down the road at 70mph and a squirrel runs out in front of my car I don't even bat an eye. If I hit it...I hit it. Oh well. I'm not risking my life for some critter that weighs 10 oz, has the life expectancy of a pair of shoes, and was dumb enough to run out in front of a 1.5 ton car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts